Earth at risk: Pollution. Types of pollution: Air pollution; Water pollution; Noise pollution; Soil pollution.
out of 12
Post on 21-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Earth at risk: Pollution
- Slide 2
- Types of pollution: Air pollution; Water pollution; Noise pollution; Soil pollution
- Slide 3
- Air pollution: Effects Average IQ down 5 points; 5 million environmentally- caused deaths among children PER YEAR (WHO) and excessive health care costs;
- Slide 4
- Air pollution: Effects 50% of all deaths environmental factors; Smog kills more people than do car accidents; Extreme reduction in visibility (dimming)
- Slide 5
- Air pollution: Effects Cooking 3 hours per day= smoking 2 packets of cigarettes daily (indoor air pollution)
- Slide 6
- And... We are having the Statue of Liberty deteriorating due to acid rains
- Slide 7
- Air pollution: What have we done wrong? Big cars (pretty environmentally- hostile, aren't they?)
- Slide 8
- Air pollution: What have we done wrong? Hair sprays & deodorants; Paper and battery manufacturing, metal smelting; Underfunding of R&D
- Slide 9
- Air pollution:We can still tackle it Stricter regulation; Transition to cleaner burning fuels and renewable sources of energy; Cap & trade system
- Slide 10
- Water pollution: effects 90% of rivers and lakes are polluted; Water scarcity violent clashes over water supply; Frequent outbreaks of cholera and typhoid
- Slide 11
- Water pollution: Major causes
- Slide 12
- Water pollution: what can be done? Better sewage treatment; Beach monitoring programs; Water conservation; Stopping deforestation; Reduction in pollution from oil and petroleum liquids ;
View more >
Chapter 5: Economics of Pollution. Forms of Pollution Air pollution Water pollution Land contamination Noise pollution.
POLLUTION. v To the activity of man to pollution AIR POLLUTION LAND POLLUTION WATER POLLUTION v NOISE POLLUTION.
WORKSHEET: 3. BRAINSTORMING - ?· the four elements worksheet: 3.3a pollution causes of pollution soil pollution air pollution water pollution noise pollution light pollution olga tarrats i sala
Common Environmental Factors Air Pollution Noise Pollution Soil and Water Pollution and Related Contamintants.
Pollution...Web view... Air Pollution, Solid Waste Pollution, Water Pollution, Ground Pollution, Noise Pollution, Radioactive Pollution, Thermal Pollution etc. 6. Encourage substantive conversation, discussing water pollution and its effects. 7. Explain ...
Pollution. Types of Pollution There are two types of pollution sources: Point Source Non-point Source Pollution can affect air, water, & soil/land.
Pollution Indicators of pollution. Monitoring pollution scientists monitor pollution of water, air and land. scientists monitor pollution of water, air.