downtown san diego clean & safe board of directors 5/3/2015 ¢ downtown san diego...
Post on 08-Aug-2020
Embed Size (px)
Downtown San Diego Clean & Safe Board of Directors
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Downtown San Diego Partnership 401 B St, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92101
- Non Agenda Public Comment - Approval of Minutes: 4.12.2016 (Pages 3-4) Action - Next Board Meeting: 6.14.2016 at 8:30 a.m.— DSDP, 401 B St, Suite 100
- Appointment of Director: CEP Seat (Page 5) Action
- Submission of slate for FY17 Officers and Board of Directors available seats (Page 6)
- Caroline Stevens, Economic Development and Public Policy Manager, Downtown San Diego Partnership: Demographic Study
- Daniel Reeves, Senior VP of Economic Development and Public Policy, Downtown San Diego Partnership: Circulator System
- Safe Update: A. Vivas, Director of Operations (Page 9) - Homeless Update: K. Knight, L. Michael, A. Quiros, Homeless Outreach Coordinators (Page 10-11) - Clean Update: A. Gutierrez, Assistant Director of Operations (Page 12) - Placemaking Update: L. Koerschgen, Placemaking Manager (Page 13-14)
- Review & Approve March 2016 Financials: A. Kostick, Accounting Coordinator (Pages 15-28) Action
- Member Discussion -
THIS INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS UPON REQUEST.To request an alternative format or to request a sign language or oral interpreter for the meeting, please contact the Clean & Safe Program office at least five (5) working days before the meeting at (619) 234-8900
to ensure availability. Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs) are available for the meeting upon advanced request.
Team Update (Pages 7-8)
Page 1 of 28
Page 2 of 28
Downtown San Diego Clean & Safe Board Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
750 B St, Suite 1250 12th Floor Conference Room
San Diego, CA 92101
Call to Order The meeting was called to order by Sumeet Parekh 8:35 a.m.
The following Clean and Safe Board Members were present: Sumeet Parekh, Bill Sauls, Doug Korn, Renida Tolentino, Howard Greenberg, Michael Trimble, Mike Madigan, Joan Wojcik, LC Cline, and Kris Michell.
The following staff members were present: Bahija Hamraz, John Hanley, Angela Wells, Alonso Vivas, Alex Gutierrez, Arturo Quiros, Alicia Kostick, Lise Koerschgen and Annie Wilson.
The following members of the public were present: Jamie Ledezma, Caroline Song, Jim Robertson and Kathy Somers.
Non Agenda Public Comment There was no Non Agenda Public Comment.
Guest Speaker Jamie Ledezma, Chief Deputy City Attorney, Neighborhood Prosecution & Collaborative Courts Unit, Office of the San Diego City Attorney, discuss various efforts and projects from the City Attorney’s office, as well as collaboration with C&S and various entities.
Approval of Minutes
Mr. Parekh asked for comments and approval.
Motion: to approve March 8, 2016 minutes. By: Kris Michell. Seconded By: LC Cline. Accepted unanimously.
Chairman’s Report Mr. Parekh discussed the motion to appoint Renida Tolentino, Senior Property Manager at Emmes, on the Board of Directors, representing the Columbia seat. Mr. Parekh asked for comments and approval.
Motion: to appoint Renida Tolentino, Senior Property Manager at Emmes, on the Board of Directors, representing the Columbia seat. By: LC Cline. Seconded By: Mike Madigan. Accepted unanimously.
Ms. Hamraz reviewed the Clean & Safe Board of Directors Election Process. Mr. Parekh asked for comments and approval.
Motion: to form a Nomination Committee with the following members: Sumeet Parekh, Doug Korn, and Kris Michell. By: Bill Sauls. Seconded By: LC Cline. Accepted unanimously.
Executive Director’s Report Ms. Hamraz reviewed SB 876 and various problem properties in Downtown.
Page 3 of 28
Homeless Update – Kelly Knight and Arturo Quiros Ms. Knight gave an update on the triage beds and outcomes at St. Vincent de Paul.
Mr. Quiros gave an update on the Cumulative Homeless Counts by Neighborhood for the past year.
Safety Update – Alonso Vivas Mr. Vivas discussed current efforts regarding an anti-spice awareness campaign and current Clean & Safe statistics regarding Spice.
Motion: to direct staff to develop and implement a Synthetic Drug Education Campaign in collaboration with the County of San Diego and SAY San Diego. By: LC Cline. Seconded By: Doug Korn. Accepted unanimously.
Clean Update – Alex Gutierrez Mr. Gutierrez reviewed the upcoming Clean & Safe Landscaper training with a local arborist. Financial Report – Alicia Kostick Ms. Kostick reviewed the January 2016 financials and variances. Motion: To accept the January 2016 financials and variances.
By: Bill Sauls. Seconded By: LC Cline. Accepted unanimously.
Ms. Kostick reviewed the February 2016 financials and variances. Motion: to approve the February 2016 financials and variances. By: Bill Sauls. Seconded By: LC Cline. Accepted unanimously.
Member Discussion No member discussion. Adjourn The meeting was adjourned by Sumeet Parekh 9:57 a.m.
Page 4 of 28
Downtown San Diego Clean & Safe Board Motion Page
Motion: to appoint Scott Diggs, Senior Leasing Director at the Irvine Company, on the Board of Directors, representing the CEP seat.
Page 5 of 28
Downtown San Diego Clean & Safe FY17 Board of Directors Nominations
FY17 Board of Directors – Nominations Committee Recommended Slate: The Nominations Committee (Sumeet Parekh, Doug Korn and Kris Michell) met on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 and reviewed the list of nominations submitted for each available seat. The following is their recommended slate for the FY17 Board of Directors available seats:
Core Columbia Gaslamp East Village Bill Sauls Renida Tolentino Howard Greenberg Mike Madigan
FY17 Board Officers - Nominations Committee Recommended Slate:
Name Office Sumeet Parekh Chair Mike Madigan Treasurer Barbara Daly Secretary
Page 6 of 28
Downtown San Diego Clean & Safe Board Monthly Update
SAFETY & HOMELESS • Point in Time Count – release of results • Monthly homeless count – increase of 1 • Synthetic Drugs:
• Continued meetings to discuss downtown impact • Continue research synthetic drug educational campaigns
• Outreach to property owners on C Street regarding additional lighting on buildings • Host and attend Community safety meetings • Continue to work with County on Individual Case Studies Project • Safety Network Meetings • Continue monitoring and reporting hot spots • Quality of Life Committee • Continue unattended property program • Continue Family Reunification Program- 925 individuals assisted • Continue Collaboration with SDPD HOT on street outreach • Collaboration with PATH on street outreach • Collaboration with Friend to Friend on street outreach • Attend Community Meetings including EVA and GQA • Continue to monitor and report Spice activity • Meeting regarding security at Horton Plaza Park • Meetings with community members • Attend Regional Continuum of Care Council meeting • Attend 25 Cities sub-committee meetings • Community Watch Program:
• Deployment of signage on buildings throughout downtown
MAINTENANCE • Trash Trucks will be configured and delivered in mid-June • Continue to monitor, report and remove graffiti • Testing of anti-urine paint on light poles and trash cans • Continue Gum Removal program • Continue Enhanced Sidewalk Repair program • Monitor and develop plan to address increase in illegal dumps • Coordinate with City regarding abandoned shopping carts
Page 7 of 28
BEAUTIFICATION & PLACEMAKING • Continue Placemaking and Beautification efforts:
• Jacaranda Spring Thing • Opening Day Neighborhood Clean Up – painting of light poles • Downtown Community Clean Up – trash pickup and removal • Whistlestop Fest in Columbia • Home Depot workshop – build a small train
• Attend GQA Placemaking Committee Meeting • Continue efforts to establish Rec Council through Parks & Open Space Board • Public art plan in progress • Blanket Permit in progress • Downtown at Sundown with MCASD • Development of E Street placemaking corridor – E Live
COMMERCIAL ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (CEP) • CEP Branding program – review proposals submitted for RFP • CEP Safety and Outreach in progress • CEP Coordinator position posted and interviews in progress
ADMINISTRATIVE • Finalize FY17 contracts – ensure compliance with insurance requirements • Finalize contact list for all residential buildings • Weekly C&S bulletin • Implementation of new weekly walkabout – new time and locations
Page 8 of 28
Downtown San Diego Clean & Safe Board Safe Update
March 2015 – April 2016 Heat Map
Activity Report March 2016 - April 2016
Drinking in Public