dominican starfish foundation homes get new starfish symbol
Post on 16-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
Adding a starfish to our home projects.
Adding a starfish plaque to our home projects.
Thank you so much to Steve and Karen McArther and Ryan Allred fromS & S Manufacturing and Precision Laser ProcessingNovember 2015
We met Steve and Karen McArther in June 2015 when they came to help build a home with Pal Humanitarian. They were instrumental in helping our construction team with so many extra tools to make their work a little easier.They returned in November 2015 with some beautiful lazer-cut, numbered, stainless steel starfish to go on each of our completed home projects. It was wonderful to go back and visit each project that we have done starting from the first one we commenced in April 2013. We have completed 23 homes, helped save a family from losing their home and complete 3 major renovations.
Steve and Karen meet Rafelo
Thank you to all the gracious donors who have helped change the lives of these families by blessing them with new homes. On November 4th, 5th, 6th we revisited our projects.
1. April 2013MelaMela was the start of our home-building projects. When we had the grand opening of the school that we rebuilt in Maggiolo, Mela handed us a letter asking for help with her home. We went home, raised money and the project began. Funds for this home were raised by the ZoBell family, the Peace River Elementary School and students and families of Roach studios.
2. August 2013 Juanito and VictoriaThis was the first home we built in Javillar. It was started by our directors, Jose Luis and Amarilis as a surprise for us. Our foundation picked up and finished the project.
Sadly, Juanito passed away from a heart attack October 18, 2015 just before we put up this star. His family is blessed to have this home.
3. October 2013 Rafelo and XiomaraThe funds for this home were raised by Doug and Charlotte Palmer and their family and friends from Edmonton. This was the start of many Dominican Starfish Home-Make-Over Holidays.
4. October 2013 Carlos and Elizabeth GarnerFunds for this home we raised by Laura and Barry Webster of Mountain View Alberta and Dominican Starfish Foundation.
5. November 2013Freddy
Funds for this home were donated by Rubens Shoes from Vancouver and True Hope from Alberta
6. December 2013JennyFunds for this home were donated by Rubens Shoes from Vancouver. The furnishings were donated by the Curtis family from Utah.
7. January 2014 VictorFunds for this home were raised by Kay Cahoon, The Lighthouse Bakery, the Helgeson family and others.
8. February 2014 MarcelenaFunds for this home were raised by Color My World from New Hampshire and Bobbie Peterson from Utah. Furnishings were donated by Sandra Nelson.
9. February 2015 Roserio FamilyFunds for this home were donated by the Kilgor family from Maine and Color My World from New Hampshire.
10. March 2014 Albania & MariaFunds for this home were donated by Donella Sewell and family.
11. March 2014 Bierca and familyBierca is a single mom with 5 children. When here home burned to the ground in March 2014, funds were raised to rebuild by Dan and Kathy Oaks, Brian and Cora Oaks from Utah, the ZoBell and Palmer families.
12. June 2014 Oliver & JuliaFunds for this home were donated by Sandra Nelson and her family and friends who visited in February 2014. The old home was removed on June 19th by Ayuda Humanitarian.
13. September 2014 Jacinto and familyFunds for this home were raised by Kara Werner, Judy Alverez, Mette Edwards and Rebecca Alverez from Calgary.
14. December 2014 Elvis and JuliaFunds for this home were donated by Toni ZoBell. Thanks so much to all our donors
15. December 2014 LeonidaFunds for this home were donated by Zoe and Gemma Palmer (age 12 and 9) and their families. Leonida is a single mom (age 18) with 3 children.
16. January 2015 Abyiana and her mom YokaylaFunds for this home were raised by Cathy Simkins of Edmonton Alberta along with her husband Jeff and his family.
17. January 2015 Vitico and family The funds for this home were donated anonymously as a Christmas gift from a family in Utah.
18. January 2015 Kelvin and Lilly Almonte and familyThe funds for this home were raised and donated by Lisa and Bob Hunter of Edmonton and their family and friends.
19. May 2015 Berto, Pedro and PedritoFunds for this home were donated by Pal Humanitarian with Lynn and Pearl Giles and several of their friends. Thanks for the amazing work!
20. May 2015 Annys Pink BedroomAnny is a young girl with serious medical conditions. She has been in a medical facility in Santo Domingo since age 10 but had to leave when she turned 15. Funds for this home were raised by Gloria Stratchen, Margaret Peacock and Jeannie Hare of Edmonton. Thank you!
21. May 2015 Luis and KatherineFunds for this home were raised by Joan and Bruce Harker and friends from Raymond, Alberta
22. July 2015 Antonio and ColasaFunds for this home were raised and donated by Color My World from New Hampshire, Pal Humanitarian from Utah and Bonnie ZoBell from Alberta.
23. October 2015 Ramon & Luz
Funds for this home were raised by Doug and Charlotte Palmer with family and friends.
Watch for more homes in the near future.
Thanks to all of our generous donors!