Memo Info: - Mrs. Judson's Classrooms - viewFor example, if you work at Nike, you would send a Memo to the people that work in your department that work at Nike. Memo Assignment: Today you are going to pretend you are the Activities Director at a company. You are
Post on 07-Mar-2018
Embed Size (px)
Memo AssignmentMemo Info:
Memos are professional letters that are sent inside of a company. We made Personal Block Letters last timethose are letters that you send to an outside company. Memos are company wide letters. For example, if you work at Nike, you would send a Memo to the people that work in your department that work at Nike.
Today you are going to pretend you are the Activities Director at a company. You are manager over 4 people and will be writing a Memo to four (4) people in your company. The four people can be anyone you choose. Lafawnda, Shaniqua, Bob and George for example. You are going to be fulfilling a wish for a person (You can chose whatever person you want for their dream) The Memo is going to include instructions to your co-workers on what their dream entails and what they need to do to fulfill the dream.
1. Choose a company to work for that someone would want to visit or do. For example, you probably wouldnt have a kid choose to go to McDonalds for their Dream Wish.
2. Begin with the End in Mind. Skys the limit for this dream. For example, if a girl had a wish to meet all of the Princesses at Disneyland, start with that, and figure out what you would need to do start to finish to make sure your kid gets everything they want.
3. Include four co-workers in the To section
4. CC me (Mrs. Judson)
5. Subject line: Make-A-Wish
6. Watch the video on my website so you can see an example of a Wish that came true
7. Visit www.wish.org for an example of other Wishes that kids have had in the past. (Dont spend more than 10 minutes on this site, you need to type your letter)
8. Type 4 Paragraphs of at least 4 sentences each to tell your co-workers what to do/what to expect with this Wish.
9. Drop it to me
10. Follow the directions below to get a Template of a Memo from Word
How to get a Memo Template:
1. In Word go to the File Tab
2. Click on New and click on the Memo Button
3. Chose the first Memo that is on the screen called Memo Contemporary Design and then hit Download on the right side of the page
4. There are a few parts of a Memo that you need to fill out. (See Below)
It will put in todays date
Your name goes here
CC: Just like in an e-mailPut in my name
The 4 people you are writing the memo to
5. Start to type your letter. Remember it needs to be 4 paragraphs of at least 4 sentences in each paragraph. Please do a good job on this. Take it seriously.