diversity and equality
out of 18
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDiversity and Equality power point presentation.
- 1. Equality and Diversity Group 6
- 2. Equality and diversity In an organization, practices and procedures are in place to ensure all workers are treated equally and given the same opportunities regardless of their age, race, sexuality, gender, disability or culture or indeed anything else that could be discriminated against
- 3. Equality and diversity Recognizes that though people have things in common with each other they are also different many ways. Everyone should have a right to equal access to employment and when employed should have equal pay and equal access to training and development.
- 4. Legal implications Companies are legally required to follow a set of practices to ensure discrimination is eradicated and expectations of equality are met in the workplace.
- 5. Equality Act Race Relations Act Sex Discrimination Act Disability Discrimination Act Human Rights Act Discrimination Acts:
- 6. Things To Avoid
- 7. Happens when someone is unfairly disadvantaged for reasons, which cannot be objectively justified, relating to their age. Also called Ageism Age Discrimination
- 8. Adultism is a predisposition towards adults Jeunism is the discrimination against older people in favor of younger ones. Adultocracy is the social convention which defines "maturity" and "immaturity," placing in a dominant position over young people, both theoretically and practically. Age- Related Bias
- 9. Harassment and bullying Can range from the extreme of physical violence to less obvious forms such as ignoring someone. They can be delivered in a variety of ways with or without witnesses, over a period of time or as a one-off act.
- 10. Bullying Is the tendency of individuals or groups to use persistent aggressive or unreasonable behavior against a co-worker or subordinate. Workplace bullying can include such tactics as verbal, nonverbal, psychological, physical abuse and humiliation.
- 11. Harassment Covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive
- 12. Disability In employment terms refers to physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse affect on a persons ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.
- 13. Equal pay Is an aspect of sex discrimination law, has been in force for over 40 years, giving to men and women the right to be paid at the same rate for the same, or equivalent, work.
- 14. Ex-offenders Is a significant and hidden group within the workforce, have been marginalized from mainstream employment and fair and responsible policies and practices are needed when employing them.
- 15. Race Discrimination In the Equality Act 2010, race includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins and is one of a set of protected characteristics to which a number of different types of discrimination apply.
- 16. Religious Discrimination The Equality Act 2010 defines religion simply as any religion including not having a religion. Religion or belief is one of a set of protected characteristics to which a number of different types of discrimination apply.
- 17. Sex and Sexual Orientation Discrimination Sex, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, to which a number of different types of discrimination apply, are protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010
- 18. Thank You
View more >
Equality and Diversity for Students Catrin Morgan, Equality & Diversity Manager Equality Unit Governance and Compliance Division Email: email@example.com,
Equality Diversity Strategy 2014 2 - NHS Forth Valley ?· Lynn Waddell Equality and Diversity Project…
Equality, diversity and human rights strategy for the ... equality, diversity and human ... diversity and human rights strategy for the police service ... Equality, diversity and human rights strategy for the
Equality and Diversity for Student Representatives Catrin Morgan, Equality & Diversity Manager Equality Unit Governance and Compliance Division Email:
equality and diversity - ?· Policy update: 08/07/2015 1 EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY POLICY CRESTWOOD PARK…
Diversity and Equality: An Ambiguous Relationship ...aei.pitt.edu/7042/1/2006_ · Diversity and Equality:…
2011 - Equality and ?· 2011 Equality and Diversity UK ... A2 . Further information ... Embedding equality and diversity into everyday practice in further education and
DEM 209 Equality, diversity and inclusion in ?· DEM 209 Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia…
Academic teaching staff: developing equality and Academic teaching staff: developing equality and diversity ... 4 Academic teaching staff: developing equality ... developing equality and diversity skills,
Cornwall Council Equality and Diversity Framework ?· Cornwall Council Equality and Diversity Framework…