DIGITAL ELECTRONICS WHAT IS A DIGITAL CIRCUIT? WHERE ARE DIGITAL CIRCUITS USED? WHY USE DIGITAL CIRCUITS? HOW DO YOU MAKE A DIGITAL SIGNAL? HOW DO YOU.
out of 11
Post on 26-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- DIGITAL ELECTRONICS WHAT IS A DIGITAL CIRCUIT? WHERE ARE DIGITAL CIRCUITS USED? WHY USE DIGITAL CIRCUITS? HOW DO YOU MAKE A DIGITAL SIGNAL? HOW DO YOU TEST FOR A DIGITAL SIGNAL?
- Slide 2
- WHAT IS A DIGITAL CIRCUIT? Analog output from a potentiometer. Analog signal waveform.
- Slide 3
- WHAT IS A DIGITAL CIRCUIT? Digital signal displayed on scope. Digital signal waveform.
- Slide 4
- WHERE ARE DIGITAL CIRCUITS USED?
- Slide 5
- WHY USE DIGITAL CIRCUITS? Analog system used to interpret float level in water tank. Digital system used to interpret float level in water tank.
- Slide 6
- HOW DO YOU MAKE A DIGITAL SIGNAL? Generating a digital signal with a switch. Waveform of contact bounce within a mechanical switch. Adding a debouncing latch to a simple switch to condition the digital signal
- Slide 7
- HOW DO YOU MAKE A DIGITAL SIGNAL? Free-running multivibrator generates a string of digital pulse. Schematic diagram of a free-running clock using a 555 IC.
- Slide 8
- HOW DO YOU TEST FOR A DIGITAL SIGNAL?
- Slide 9
- Schematic diagram of the logic probe project using the 555 IC.
- Slide 10
- Advantages of Digital Techniques Digital systems are easier to design. Information storage is easy. Accuracy and precision are greater. Operation can be programmed. Digital circuits are less affected by noise. More digital circuitry can be fabricated on IC chips. Computer compatibility, memory, ease of use, simplicity of design, accuracy, and stability. Limitation of digital circuits Most real-world events are analog in nature. Analog processing is usually simpler and faster.
- Slide 11
- SUMMARY Analog signals vary gradually and continuously, while digital levels usually referred to as LOW and HIGH. Most modern electronics equipment contain both analog and digital circuitry. Logic levels are different for various digital logic families, such as TTL and CMOS. Digital circuits have become very popular because of the availability of low-cost digital ICs. Bistable, monostable, and astable multivibrators are used to generate digital signals. Logic level indicators may take the form of simple LED and resistor circuits, volt-meters, or logic probes.
View more >
Imago Solutions Digital Photo Album. Why make a digital photo album? Where do you store your digital photos? What do you do when your memory card is full?
Why is this important to you? How do digital footprints connect with digital citizenship? Does everyone have a digital footprint?
Digital Integrated Circuits - Digital Integrated Circuits ... Digital circuits Digital Integrated Circuits ... circuit design Low temp packaging tech
Digital Integrated Circuits – EECS dickrp//eecs312/lectures/dic-l1.pdfDigital Integrated Circuits – EECS 312 ... Context for digital integrated circuit design Digital integrated circuits are everywhere What is a digital system?
Virtual Characters. Overview What is a digital character? What is a digital character? Why do would we want digital characters? Why do would we want digital.
Digital display circuits - display circuits ... A seven segment decoder is a digital circuit designed to drive a very common type of digital ... Two electronics students attempt ...
DIGITAL COMPONENTS By Sohaib. Integrated Circuits Digital circuits are constructed with integrated circuits. An integrated circuit is a small silicon.
DIGITAL ELECTRONICS INTEGRATED ELECTRONICS INTEGRATED CIRCUITS Code : ... Fundamentals of Digital Circuits- PHI 2. ... R.P.Jain Modern Digital Electronics, ...
Digital Fundamentals - systems use a mix of analog and digital electronics to ... Digital electronics uses circuits that have two states, ... Digital Fundamentals, ...
Microelectronics - dean.xjtu.edu. ??Circuits, Analog Electronics, Digital Logic ... Microelectronics Analog Integrated Circuits Digital ... Signals and Systems Principles of Communication Digital Signal ...
Digital Integrated Circuits - Michigan State Integrated Circuits A Design Perspective ... Challenges in Digital Design ... digital circuit (gate, block, )? Cost