Digital Asset Management. What is it and why do it?
out of 56
Post on 28-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONKeynote presentation for Digital Asset Management for Museums: Conference by UK Collections Trust, 27 November 2013 Explores the user context of digital and how proliferation of digital devices and services changes user expectation of museum services. Looks at digital assets from collections and other sources and how making data portable allows flexibility and responsiveness in an unpredictable development climate.
- 1. Andrew Lewis Digital Asset Management What is it and why do it? Digital Asset Management for Museums Collections Trust, 27 November 2013 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 2. Digital is everywhere
- 3. Lets talk about computers
- 4. Mobile internet devices will outnumber the global human population by the end of 2013 CISCO. Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update 20122017. (published February 2013)
- 5. 25
- 6. Your phone can talk with the walls
- 7. More than half of UK adults own a smartphone Just over half (53%) of all UK adults are regular media multitaskers i.e. they use other web devices while watching TV weekly or more often Tablet owners significantly more likely than average to multi-task with other media while watching TV (81%) OFCOM. Communications Market Report 2013. (published August 2013)
- 8. 20
- 9. Society is to blame
- 10. Its all about
- 11. Visitors Audiences Users Customers Stakeholders Whatever
- 12. Give people what they want
- 13. What people want is changed by technology Good Good enough
- 14. + Good Good enough
- 15. + Good enough + Better
- 16. Unpredictable Unpredictable and simple Simple Unpredictable and complex We are here :) Predictable and simple Complex Predictable but complex Predictable
- 17. How to cope
- 18. Digital Asset Management Workflow
- 19. Objects Tools + Knowledge standards Records Storage Security
- 20. Objects Tools + Knowledge standards Records Secure Storage Connectivity
- 21. Media assets Learning resources Events Collection object records Staff knowledge Shop products Customer behaviour data
- 22. For many people , this is good enough web access (e.g quickly on the sofa) DISRUPTION RISK
- 23. data data Data engine Web API = portable data
- 24. Web connectivity makes your data portable For efficiency and responsiveness to the chaos of consumer digital change
- 25. Unpredictable Unpredictable and simple Simple Unpredictable and complex We are here :) Web connectivity Predictable and simple Complex Predictable but complex Predictable
- 26. What are we talking about?
- 27. Object records Every fact Event records Shop records Photos Conservation records HR records Any Records User records Whatever Video Patterns of behaviour in data What are digital assets
- 28. The nature of blog traffic Blog A Blog B Blog C Blog D Blog E A+B+D+D+E
- 29. Blog posts as reusable digital assets The Network Artist in Residence Learning Poster collection V&A Network Engraved ornament Research
- 30. Mobile STC Furniture gallery digital label Search the Collections (STC) Website auto-display module Digital map One chair. One authoritative digital asset. At least five uses
- 31. Collection data fed via web API V&A Digital Map optimised for enjoyable discovery on a tablet
- 32. Event data fed via web API V&A Digital Map optimised for enjoyable discovery on a tablet
- 33. One digital asset updates all information
- 34. Digital assets From Web content system Digital assets From Vimeo.com Digital assets From Blog database Digital assets From Shop database Digital assets From Collection records
- 35. Spot the digital asset
- 36. How do people navigate on your site
- 37. Users interests get typed here User data = digital asset
- 38. maiolica
- 39. Digital assets From Web content system Digital assets From Collection records Digital assets From Shop database Automated interests suggestion based on digital asset classification Digital assets From Event database
- 40. 40% of online shop income generated by website referrals
- 41. Visitor information for mobile users If its worth writing, publish it
- 42. Forget Likes You have access to very rich digital assets about your Facebook visitors Their friends, connections, interests, mobile devices they use
- 43. Do you know all the assets you have? Do you look after them nicely? Are you making them portable? Are you using web connectivity? Managing digital assets
- 44. Email attachments vs collaborative space Documents on drives vs databases Counting likes vs analysing user data On-site video vs syndicated video Uploading to spaces vs open data via API Managing digital assets
- 45. Andrew Lewis linkd.in/andrewlewis twitter.com/rosemarybeetle This presentation is available NOW here: slideshare.net/AndrewLVandA More free stuff on the V&A Digital Media blog: www.vam.ac.uk/digitalmedia Thank you Victoria and Albert Museum
View more >
Enterprise asset management industry whitepaper extract | "Asset intelligence: What it is and why it is critical now"
Hooding: What is it and why do we do it? Information...Hooding: What is it and why do we do it? ...…
Asset Management Overview …. What is Asset Management? Answers: What do we own? What is it worth? Where is it? What kind of shape is it in? What are the.
Target Audience!!! What it is? How do you identify it? Why is it needed? What it is? How do you identify it? Why is it needed?
What Is It? Why Should We Do It - BUILD Initi Language...What Is It? Why Should We Do It? October 23-24, ... bilingualism is an asset to ... Language Learning •Writing Strategies
WHAT IS CHANGE MANAGEMENT? AND WHY IS IT info. ??WHAT IS CHANGE MANAGEMENT? AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? ... systems within a single digital ecosystem, an enterprise ... considered excellent.
Fundamentals of Software Development 1Slide 1 Version control – outline What is it?What is it? Why do it?Why do it? How to do it?How to do it?