out of 10
Post on 21-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGetting started with Destiny library management
- 1. Destiny, A How-To Guide Module 1: Getting Started
- 2. Insert screen capture of a THS computer showing the Destiny Icon. Find the Destiny icon on your desktop and click on it.
- 3. From this screen, scroll down to and click on Kelley Lake Elementary School
- 4. Click on Login
- 5. Your User Name is your FirstClass tech code. The password is mydestiny.
- 6. Your name will appear here. Note that the home page has links to DeKalb County resources such as the Learning Resource Center.
- 7. Being logged in has the following advantages: The My Info tab allows you to see what items (books, videos, equipment, etc.) you have checked out. The My Searches link keeps track of your previous searches (searches are kept for a 30 day period). You can create Resource Lists and make them public (see Module 3 for more information on Resource Lists). You can also print bibliographies and MLA formatted citation lists (more on these in Module 3: Resource Lists ).
- 8. Click on the Catalog tab to search the Kelley Lake Elementary collection and a list of reviewed websites. See Module 2: Searching for an introduction to the many different search capabilities available in Destiny.
- 9. Type something into the search box and play around. Be sure to check out the other training modules to learn more about different searching techniques and other coo l features available in Destiny.
- 10. Do you have any questions? Your helpful library media center staff are here to help. Call: Harold Grant x44820
View more >