Dealing with Grief and Loss By: Ms. Markowski. Grief Grief is a natural response to loss. The loss can be death or the loss of a relationship, health,
Post on 27-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Dealing with Grief and Loss By: Ms. Markowski
- Slide 2
- Grief Grief is a natural response to loss. The loss can be death or the loss of a relationship, health, job, money, miscarriage, pet, lost dreams, serious illness, friendship or safety after tragedy Its the emotions and pain we feel when something or someone we love is taken away. People grieve in different ways How you grieve depends on many factors: Personality coping style life experience Faith nature of the loss. The grieving process takes time. Healing happens gradually; it cant be forced or hurried
- Slide 3
- Common symptoms of grief Just remember that almost anything that you experience in the early stages of grief is normal including feeling like youre going crazy, feeling like youre in a bad dream, or questioning your religious beliefs.
- Slide 4
- Common Feelings about Grief Elisabeth Kbler-Ross (1969) introduced what became known as the The five stages of grief Think of these more as common feelings people go through as they cope and all, none or some may be felt Denial: This cant be happening to me. Anger: Why is this happening? Who is to blame? Bargaining: Please make this not be happening, and in return I will ____. Depression: Im too sad to do anything. Acceptance: Im at peace with what happened.
- Slide 5
- Myths about Grief Source: Center for Grief and Healing Center for Grief and HealingCenter for Grief and Healing MYTH: The pain will go away faster if you ignore it. Fact: Trying to ignore your pain or keep it from surfacing will only make it worse in the long run. For real healing it is necessary to face your grief and actively deal with it.
- Slide 6
- Myths about Grief Source: Center for Grief and Healing Center for Grief and HealingCenter for Grief and Healing MYTH: Its important to be be strong in the face of loss. Fact: Feeling sad, frightened, or lonely is a normal reaction to loss. Crying doesnt mean you are weak. You dont need to protect your family or friends by putting on a brave front. Showing your true feelings can help them and you.
- Slide 7
- Myths about Grief Source: Center for Grief and Healing Center for Grief and HealingCenter for Grief and Healing MYTH: If you dont cry, it means you arent sorry about the loss. Fact: Crying is a normal response to sadness, but its not the only one. Those who dont cry may feel the pain just as deeply as others. They may simply have other ways of showing it.
- Slide 8
- Coping with grief and loss tip 1: Get support Turn to friends and family members Draw comfort from your faith Join a support group Talk to a therapist or grief counselor
- Slide 9
- Coping with grief and loss tip 2: Take care of yourself Face your feelings. Express your feelings in a tangible or creative way. Look after your physical health. Dont let anyone tell you how to feel, and dont tell yourself how to feel either. Plan ahead for grief triggers.
- Slide 10
- Final Points on Grief It is a tough emotion It is part of life It is important to understand that everyone grieves differently Support each other and yourselves by treating each other with care and love
View more >
GRIEF AND LOSS - Colby ? GRIEF AND LOSS We all experience loss. ... Grief is a natural response to loss, but it can be difficult to manage. Though the focus of this handout is about
Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss - ? The Florida Crisis Consortium is supported by the Florida . Department of Health. Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss . What is Grief? Grief occurs in response to the ...
Understanding Bereavement, Grief and Loss with grief... Understanding Bereavement, Grief and Loss Bereavement is a normal response to the powerful stress of loss. The loss of others through death is a universal experience ...
Grief and Loss - Trauma Academy/Grief and... Grief and Loss Defined by Dictionary.com Grief keenmentalsufferingordistressoverafflictionor loss;sharpsorrow;painfulregret ...
Grief and Loss - Butler ? Grief and Loss Steps of Grief after a Loss We go through [stages] of grief after a loss. There are many lists giving the stages of grief.
Women, Grief and Loss: Fact Sheet - fgwrc.ca ? Women, Grief and Loss: Fact Sheet What is Grief? Grief occurs in response to the loss of someone or something. The loss may involve a loved one, a job, retirement, a ...
Keyfacts - Grief, loss and ? What is grief and loss? Grief describes how a person feels after the loss of someone or something that is very important to them. The grief experienced
Quiz What is grief? Grief: deep and painful emotions experienced because of a loss Anticipatory Grief: a feeling of loss before a death or dreaded.
LOSS, GRIEF AND DEATH. Loss, Grief, Dying Class Objectives The nursing student will learn: nurses role in loss, grief, death and dying emotional reactions.
GRIEF AND LOSS - University of Newcastle nbsp; TIP SHEET FOR GRIEF AND LOSS What is grief? Grief is a normal reaction to an irretrievable loss. The most intense reactions often happen with
Normal Grief Reactions. Grief an emotion or set of emotions due to a loss Grief is a normal reaction to loss. The absence of grief is abnormal in most.
Grief Planning 10. What is grief? The response to loss (how we deal with loss) Grief refers to the emotional, physical and spiritual reactions in.
1 Notes on Grief & Loss. Grief A natural response to any loss or difficult change Experienced by all people Expressed in varying ways.
Grief and Loss - ? A fact sheet produced by the Mental Health Information Service 1 Grief and Loss Grief is painful and at times seems bottomless.