out of 40
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Creative Ideation
- 2. Who am I?
Thien-Bach Huynh: email@example.com
-Entrepreneurship Major @ USFSP
-Passion in Tech
-Started first business in High School
- 3. What Is Ideation?
- 4. The process of actively and creatively solving problems.
- 5. This process can be used with everyday life.
- 6. You Start with Brainstorm
- 7. Defer Judgment!
Why? When youre judging, you
constrict the flow of ideas.
- 9. Wild & Crazy is OK!
Why? Youre practicing
defer judgment and gaining ideas.
- 11. Example: You judge a solar energy startup idea based on its cost (too expensive).You have all ready restricted different avenues for growing the idea.
- 12. Diverge
Strive for quantity!
Its easier to pick great ideas from a bunch!
- 13. Work in Groups
(4 or less)
- 14. Build on Each Others Ideas
- 15. Yes, and instead of but.
- 16. Converge on Ideas
- 17. POINT Analysis
- 18. Positives
- 19. Find something good. No: Oh Thats good. Meaningful positives.
- 20. Opportunities
- 21. Capitalize on the opportunities.Point out the constructors of the positives.Eg; How might we get this result if we do this?
- 22. Improvements
- 23. The right questions provoke solutions that work with the innovative brain.
- 24. Originally, we would say This idea wont work because of .
- 25. Instead, focus on overcoming the issues.
- 26. Phrase issues as questions.How might we overcome ?
- 27. New Thinking
- 28. With New Thinking, you identify existing problems and come up with new solutions to existing problems.
- 29. POINT vs. SWOT
- 31. POINT helps you creatively solve problems.SWOT is used to collect data.
- 32. Focus on Creating Value
- 33. Imagine what your customers use, how they use it, what they worry about, and what they value.
- 35. Practice, practice, practice.Soon, you will see a change in ideation!
- 36. Stay Wild and Crazy!
- 37. Special Thanks To:
Dr. Nathan Schwagler
Sustainable Entrepreneruship Alliance
American Marketing Assoc. @ USFSP
- 39. NERD Corporation Free Consultation and Help For Your Project!
Thien-Bach Huynh Business Nerd
Brian Welch Technology Guru
We ARE poor college students, so donations are greatly appreciated!
- 40. Thien-Bach Huynh
View more >