creating an online presence in google yahoo msn
Post on 14-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONVoices.com CEO David Ciccarelli will share some of the strategies for branding, search engine optimization and paid search marketing that helped him build Voices.com into the most visited industry website on the Internet.
- 1.Text Text David Ciccarelli Chief Executive Officer [email_address] Voices.com How to Achieve Top Search Engine Results
2. Text Text People use search engines to...
- Find websites, blogs
- Find people
- Find locations
- Find images
- Find videos
3. Why Search?
- Search engines are the most powerful medium to reach customers because you meet them at their point of need.
- 90% of online Web sessions begin with a search.
- 81% of users find web sites they were looking for through search engines.
4. The Facts
- Search engines average 300-500 million searches per day.
- 95% of users dont go beyond the first 3 pages of search results before they try another keyword.
- 30% of users believe companies found in the top search results are a major brand in their product or service category.
5. Customer Acquisition Costs Search Engine Marketing is the most cost-effective way to acquire new customers. 6. Text Text Organic Search Engine Results 7. Search Engine Optimization
- Process of strategic placement of keywords and text on a website to enable optimum search engine rankings.
- Key to any successful Internet Marketing Strategy.
- Its easier than it sounds.
8. Todays game plan
- Writing for search engines
- Interacting with search engines
- Boosting your results with links
- Monitoring your results
9. Popular SEO Strategies
- On page optimization
- Off page optimization
- Both have equal importance
10. It All Starts with Your Keywords
- Well-written content and carefully selected keywords are the keys of a balanced SEO strategy.
11. Google Keyword Tool
12. Keyword Research
- Start a spreadsheet to save all your keywords.
- Organize keywords into groups by topic or subject matter.
13. Content is King
- Having good, well-produced content on your website is a priority.
- Content includes audio, video, text and images.
14. Ideas for Content
- The How-To Article
- The Definition Article
- Present a Theory or Argument
- Create a resource like a free report or whitepaper
- List Article (5 Tips for... Top 10... The Best... The Worst...)
15. Write Articles
- Write articles in a word processor or text editor.
- If youre not a writer, hire a pro on Elance or Guru.com
- Your webmaster will create HTML pages for you.
16. Content Management
- Consider a content management system.
17. Optimizing Your Content Put keywords and phrases in some of the following places to increase the ranking of a web page in the search engine results.
- Page Title
- Page Description
- In H1, H2, H3 tags
- In the body or your article or pages
- Page File Name ( your-very-important-page.html )
18. Page Title and Description
- Title and Description become the snippet in Google.
- Open the HTML file and edit your Meta tags.
19. Page Name Tips
- Short URLs are better
- Use hyphens not underscores
- If your pages are already in Google, dont change anything.
20. The Result 21. Interacting with Search Engines In recent years, search engines have developed tools for website owners to submit content directly to them.
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Yahoo! Site Explorer
- MSN Webmaster Central
22. Create a Sitemap
- Your HTML sitemap is designed for people
- Your XML sitemap is designed for search engines
23. Google Webmaster Tools
- 1. Add your website
- 2. Verify your website
- 3. Add your XML sitemap
24. Boost Your Results with Links
- Search engines see links as a vote of confidence.
- Pages on the top of results typically have more links.
- Focus on quality not quantity.
25. Different Types of Links
- Authority Links- CNN, BBBonline.org, Industry Associations
- Directory Links- Yahoo! Directory, BOTW.org
- Press Release Links- PRWeb.com, PR.com
- Blog Links- Articles written about you, comment links
- Social Media Profile Links- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Reciprocal Links- Link exchanges from related websites
26. Your Link Profile
- Link Popularity:How many links point to your website?
- Link Relevancy:Are the links of a high quality, from websites in the same industry or from authority websites?
- Anchor Text:Theactive text used to enable the link to your website.Does is say your business name or keyword?
27. Time for a Check Up
- To see how many pages are in Google, enter site:www.website.com
- To see how many links Yahoo! is counting, enter link:www.yourdomain.com
28. Google Webmaster Tools 29. Google Analytics 30. Tools from SEOmoz.org 31. Action Plan
- Research your keywords and start a spreadsheet
- Write new articles on subjects that people search for
- Optimize your content by focusing on page titles and descriptions
- Get links from blogs, press releases and other websites
- Track your success with Google Webmaster Central and Analytics
- Discover areas for improvement at SEOmoz.org
32. Text Text Thank You! David Ciccarelli Chief Executive Officer [email_address] Voices.com