out of 10
Post on 07-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Osoro & Co. Osoro & Company Certified Public Accounts Kenya Osoro & Co.
- 2. Who are we Osoro & Co. Year and Country of incorporation Osoro & Co.(O&Co.) Certified Public Accountants, is an accountancy firm registered in Kenya and in operation since 1993. We are currently in partnership with HorwathMak, an audit firm established in United Arab Emirates. HowathMak is a member firm of Crowe Horwath International. Crowe Horwath International is the 9th largest global accounting network. Locally, we have two partners and a staff capacity of 20 professionals. In addition we are backed up by our partners, HorwathMak who have 13 branches operating within the U.A.E. We therefore have access to over 9 partners and 800 professionals from our associate office in United Arab Emirates. One auditor (Audit Manger) will join us on this UNDP audit.
- 3. Our management Osoro & Co. Partners and Consultants O&Co is managed by the following partners and Consultants: - Cephas Osoro CPA (K) (Partner) A sister software concern of Kenyan Horwath MAK in Partnership with O&Co. Victor Majani CPA (K), MBA Econ (WIU) (Partner) Kenyan Tito Francis Kasina Maviti- Bsc, BA (Econ), CPA (K) - (Consultant) Saad Maniar, Bsc, FCCA, MMMIOD (Consultant) Firdaus Maniar, BE, MSC (Consultant) O&Co. in Partnership with
- 4. Our Management Osoro & Co. Brief description of us: The partners and consultants have vast experience having worked in various audit firms and senior management positions. This greatly qualifies us to undertake assignments of diverse clients and their needs. The assignments undertaken by O&Co. over the past 16 years cover various sectors of the economy. These include International Aid Agencies, Society Organizations and Civil Based Organization, Agriculture, Sacco Co-operatives, Parastatals, Local Authorities, Multi-Nationals, Tourism, Finance, Government, Educational Institutions and other Non-Governmental Organizations,.
- 5. Our Contacts Osoro & Co. Address: P.O. Box 74066-00200 Nairobi, Kenya TEL: (020) 4442940 Riverside Drive, Nairobi Website: www.osoroandco.co.ke Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mombasa Branch Dubai Partnership Office P.O. Box 506705 Taiyebi House 203 Liberty House, DIFC Nkrumah Road TEL: +97143259900 Mombasa Kenya DUBAI, U.A. E Contact Person: Robinson Okworo Mr. Saad Maniar www.horwathmak.com
- 6. Global Resources Osoro & Co. Our partnership with HorwathMak makes us well-positioned to provide you with the professional services and resources needed to conduct the audit of your programme(s) finances . We are also shortly joining Crowe Horwath International (CHI), as an independent member firm. CHI is one of the largest networks in the world, including 140 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 400 cities globally. O&Co. will shortly join Crowe Horwath International which is Serving the globe from over 480 offices across 80 countries and with over 25,000 partners and staff
- 7. Services Offered Osoro & Co. The services offered by Osoro & Co are divided into 4 organizational units namely: Group 1 Group 2 Auditing Tax Accounting Corporate Finance IT Consultancy Finance Services Risk Advisory Insolvency Our organizational units listed in Group 1 above shall be responsible for the audits of Projects in this contract. Here below is a brief highlight of our general management approach. AUDITING ACCOUNTING IT CONSULTANCY AND RISK ADVISORY SERVICES At O&Co. our goal is to add value through all of our services . We recognize the importance of providing assurance on the adequacy of existing controls, implementation and our independent quantification of exceptions noted, if any. Equally, we understand the need to provide recommendations to help you develop and continuously improve controls to monitor future resources allocated towards your aim of helping and promoting durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. O&Co. audit approach is based on developing a sound understanding of your overall Programme and the financial risks that face it. By agreeing expectations at an early stage our audit is focused on the requirements of the Programme. This enables us to provide an audit opinion on the expense statements while still presenting you with useful information to assist in future to ensure that all project expenditure complies with the requirements set at Horn of Africa and Yemen Programme level.
- 8. Management Team Osoro & Co. Name : MR. CEPHAS OSORO Designation : Senior Partner O&Co. Total Experience Years : 20+ Key Area of Expertise : Audit and Assurance Services Qualification : Certified Public Accountant Profile : Cephas Osoro is an experienced Senior Partner at O&Co, since 1996. He Certified Public Accountant with over twenty years' post qualification experience gained in independent audit as the manager Keah & Co. for 4 years, in private Practice as the founder partner of Osoro & Co. 16 years ago. Cephas oversees the overall O&Co. Audit Practice. He has a strong knowledge and experience in Audit and assurances. Here below are details on some audits carried out by Cephas: - Care (K) Refugee Assistance Program (UNHCR Funded Refugee Settlement in Dadaab, Hagadera and IFO. - Early childhood Educational and Development Projects (Siaya) (World Bank Funded) - Christian Childrens Fund- Eleven semi autonomous projects including Nairobi Integrated Program, Loarengak Child family Program, Turkwell Child Family Program, Kabito Child and Family Program, Ishiara Child and Family Program, Tunyai Child and Family Program, Mutonga Child and Family Program. - IPAS- An international reproductive health NGO with headquarters in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The Nairobi office is the Regional office for Africa. 8
- 9. Partners Osoro & Co. Name : MR. VICTOR MAJANI Engagement Partner Designation : Partner O&Co. Total Experience Years : 18+ DRC Kenya Audit Key Area of Expertise : Audit and Assurance Qualification : Certified Public Accountant Profile : Victor Majani is an experienced Partner at O&Co, since 2005. He is a Master of Business Administration Degree holder and Certified Public Accountant with over sixteen years' post qualification experience gained in internal audit as the Chief Internal Auditor of a large state corporation ( African Tours & Hotel Ltd.) for 8 years, in finance as the team leader at Lonrho Motors EA Ltd debt task force contracted by the receiver manager ,PriceWaterhouseCoopers, for 5 years and in independent audit gained from SCI Koimburi & O&Co. Victor oversees the technical aspect of the accounting and audit services at O&Co. He has a strong knowledge and experience in internal controls design and implementation . He also prepared a tax advisory and relocation opinion paper and initial payroll management for the GTZ Southern Sudan. Here below are details on some audits carried out by Victor National Aids Control Council ( KHADREP) Western & Central Kenya National Aids Control Council ( Global Fund Western Kenya & Nairobi) Hekima Plac
View more >