Cost efficient handmade jewelry with good diy jewelry supplies
Post on 24-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
Cost-efficient handmade jewelry with good DIY jewelry supplies
Since my last experience with the magical
shrinkable plastic, I had some leftovers. So I came
up with todays project for a pair of cute handmade
jewelry earrings. Its a kind of thin plastic that
shrinks up to 70% of its original size. You can create
a number of accessories using this kind of DIY
jewelry supplies. Im sure you will be thrilled with
the results and possibilities!
Needed DIY jewelry supplies:
Decorative Bead (pearl in this project)
Round Nose Plier
Side Cutting Plier
How to make this handmade jewelry:
Step 1: work with the shrinkable plastic
1. Take a piece of paper and draw out the shape you want. In this case I created a fun shell shape.
Cut the pattern out;
2. Cut out the same pattern in the plastic;
3. Punch a hole at the top and the bottom of your shape;
4. Heat the plastic in an oven at 130 to150 Celsius degrees. Make sure you place a piece of baking
paper under it;
5. After 3 minutes, take it out and wait for it to cool down. Paint the plastic with a dazzling nail
polish color and let it dry completely.
Learn how to make this pair of cute and lightweight handmade jewelry earrings. We have used versatile
shrinkable plastic and a piece of fabric scrap as the main DIY jewelry supplies. What a pair of super IN style
Step 2: make the fabric part
1. Take the fabric and fold it several times. Sew the
2. Shape the fabric to create a mini tassel.
After that, repeat the same steps to complete your pair!
Your handmade jewelry earrings have been produced!
Just one tip for you while working with the DIY jewelry
supplies, especially the magical shrinkable plastic: pay
attention to the shrinking proportion compared to its
original size. Hope youll love it.
Step 3: design a decorative beaded
Slide one pearl bead on the eyepin. Loop the
Step 4: group all the elements
Take the earring hook, beaded element,
plastic and fabric tassel. Connect the
elements using jumprings.
Shop for jewelry tools please click: