“Consumer Marriages”. The Consumer Mentality Everything is disposable. Everything is replaceable. Everything is marketable. Everything is designed/engineered/manufactured.
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Consumer Marriages
- Slide 2
- The Consumer Mentality Everything is disposable. Everything is replaceable. Everything is marketable. Everything is designed/engineered/manufactured for the consumers satisfaction.
- Slide 3
- Consumer Mindset Applied to Marriage NO spouse can meet every need of the other. Unrealistic Expectations
- Slide 4
- The consumer mentality and the pursuit of becoming one cannot coexist.
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- Two basic life forces: the drive for individuality the drive for togetherness. Individuality propels us to follow our own directives, to be on our own, to create a unique identity. Togetherness pushes us to follow the directives of others, to be part of the group. When these two life forces for individuality and togetherness are expressed in balanced, healthy ways, the result is a meaningful relationship that doesnt break down into emotional dysfunction.
- Slide 7
- Sounds great in theory, doesnt it? Thought this was Adult Discipleship not Psychology 301. I think we tried something like this once. How does this actually apply?
- Slide 8
- Discuss. First impressions of the idea of the consumerism effect on marriage Differentiation How does the Bibles vision of marriage fit into this?
- Slide 9
- The bad news is that there is no How-To plan. The good news is that there is no How-To plan. Growing marriages have to figure out how its going to work for them. A healthy relationship does not demand I give up my identity, nor does it demand my partner to give themselves up to meet all of my needs.
- Slide 10
- A husband and wife are to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ Ephesians 5:21(NIV). This is a mutual submission that does not ask us to give up our created image in God (Gen. 1:27) in order to fulfill every need the partner may have.
- Slide 11
- Practicing mutual submission, self-sacrifice and unconditional love overcome the consumer mentality in marriage.
- Slide 12
- In marriage, we are not consumers, we are spouses. And our love is rooted not in the other but from our Creator. (Its given/received to the other...)
- Slide 13
- Being free means being free for the other, because I am bound to the other. Only in relationship with the other am I free. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
View more >
Book Review: Everything is miscellaneous – Or, Everything ... ?· Book Review: Everything is miscellaneous…
“Everything Is Awesome” Everything is awesome. Everything is cool when you’re part of a team. Everything is awesome When you’re living our dream. 1.
Everything is awesome Everything is awesome, is awesome Everything is awesome, everything is cool when your part of a team Everything is awesome, when ’ living out a dream Everything is better when we stick together Some have said you and I are gonna win forever
Smart everything, everywhere Mobile Consumer Survey ?· Smart everything, everywhere Mobile Consumer…
Everything Is Miscellaneous - Chapter ?· Go to Everything is Miscellaneous ... The normal organization…
Leadership Is Cause; Everything Else Is ?· Leadership Is Cause; Everything Else Is Effect | Journal…