out of 18
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMy presentation at the November 2012 #
- 1. Constructive Subversion
- 2. Is there something about politicaland bureaucratic life that subduesthe functioning of intellect in favor ofworking the levers without regardto rational expectations.
- 3. Groupthink A deterioration of mental efficiency, realitytesting, and moral judgement that results from in-group pressures Janis, 1982
- 4. The bystander effect
- 5. The best teachers are subversive
- 6. The key to learning frommistakes was not to stickblindly to the official chainof command but to subvertit where necessary, not toseek unanimity but to listento dissenters.
- 7. Positive Deviance
- 8. Disruptiveinnovationfrequently starts inthe margins ratherthan themainstream.
- 9. Help all students develop built- in, shockproof crap detectors as basic equipment in their survival kits.Socratic Inquiry If the structure does not permit dialogue the structure must be changed.
- 10. Actively subvert onpedagogy, passively submit to curriculum. Lee Crockett
- 11. I tried Isomething new and BLEW IT! innovativeand it didnt work as well as I wantedThis coupon entitles me to be free of criticism for my effortsIll continue to pursue ways to help my students be successful
- 12. How do you constructivelysubvert in your classroom?
View more >