Post on 25-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HR Management Mahesh K Prasad Head - Human Resource CONSTRUCTIVE DISCIPLINE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
2. CONSTRUCTIVE DISCIPLINE IMPLEMENTATION BY HODs / MANAGERS / HR
- Disciplinary Record Register of each department will be held/Maintained by HOD / Managers.
- Following steps to be followed while implementing Constructive discipline:
- Counseling 1 sttime-Verbal
- Counseling 2 ndtime-Verbal
- Issue Counseling Letter- 3 rdtime( In Writing)
- Note: Issue Counselling Letter (confidence building letter). Department
- Manager will discuss the misconduct with HR Manager while issuing this letter.
- 3.4th time-HODs / Managers to discuss the misconduct with HR Managerto issue Show cause letter to the employee who has violated the rule.
- After 48 hrs / two days, HR will review the explanation which was submitted by the employee.
- 5. HR Dept. will issue Warning letter to the Staff.
- Cont. 2
- 6. Managers/HODs of that particular department will be informed by HR & a copy will be maintained in employees record file.
- 7. 5 thtime- If particular employee still do not improve and violate rules, HR Dept./ Managers/ HODs would talk to him and explain about the seriousness of the Misconduct.
- 8. HR will issue Stern- warning letter to the individual employee and a copy will be maintained in employees record file.
- 9. After the above warning letters has gone unheeded then the particular employee may be asked to submit resignation letter and finally leave the company or be terminated.
- Note: Before Termination to any employee an enquiry must be conducted by competent authority.
CONSTRUCTIVE DISCIPLINE IMPLEMENTATION BY HODs / MANAGERS / HR 4. RULES: This section lists guidelines of behavior during work. However, the guidelines described here are not exhaustive hence, the rules prescribed under the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946 will also be applicable. 5. a. Consistent Irregular / Late Attendance. b. Consistent occurrences of leaving work area prior to closing time without permission. c. Leaving work area in working hours for personal work. d. Remaining absent frequently. e. Remaining absent for more than 10 days at a time without intimation / permission. f. Continue to remain absent without intimation / permission after sanctioned leave is over. g. Submitting wrong / fraudulent documents in support of leave. I. Examples for wrong behaviour relating to leave. 6. a. Failure or refusal to punch card while coming or leaving work premises. b. Failure or refusal to punch attendance while leaving work area in between works timings. c. Consistent irregular / late attendance. d. Submitting wrong / fraudulent document in support of attendanceII. Examples of wrong behaviour relating to attendance. 7. III. Work a. Refusal to follow / carry out lawful orders or instructions of the superior. b. Ignore orders or failure to carry out instructions. c. Leave job incomplete or unfinished. d. Failure to give quantum / output / productivity as required in the job and advised by the superior. e. Failure to observe quality standards or requirements leading to faulty output. f. Indulge in waste of time while at work. g. Evidence of inefficiency in work due to personal habits / problems/ issues/ and not fulfilling companys / job requirement or objectives. h. Failure to heed advise / guidance / instruction to improve performance at work or disregard attempts at improvements. i. Neglecting work. j. Failure or refusal to observe safety guidelines. k. Breach of any rules / instructions in maintaining or running the Department. 8. IV. Work Discipline
- Non co-operation to others.
- Spreading incorrect and / or harmful information / data / rumors within or outside the company.
- Indulge in verbal / physical fights with co-workers or outside person within or outside the work area / bad language.
- Conduct / Participate in activities harmful to the company / co-workers / customers etc.
- Indulge in a job / work / activities whichare in conflict with the interest of the company within or outside office hours.
- Undertake personal job/ work within or outside office hours without permission.
- Willful insubordination of disobedience of any lawful / reasonable orders of superior.
- Cont. 2
- Drunkenness / fighting or rioting, disorderly / indecent behavior while on duty.
- Causing willful damage to work in progress or to the property.
- Sleeping while on duty.
- Malingering or slowing down work.
- Threatening, abusing or assaulting co-workers, peers or seniors.
- Preaching or inciting others to violence.
- Non-wearing of dress and slippers.
- Bringing personal belongings/ not keeping the same in lockers.
IV. Work Discipline 10. V. Personal / Information
- Spread wrong information / rumors about the integrity and character of a person.
- Get involved in criminal offence / activity or conviction in any court of law.
- Refusal to accept and / or sign any official document or communication.
- Provide wrong / incorrect information at the time of entry in the company.
- Divulge confidential data / documents / processes acquired during the course of work to unauthorized persons of agencies.
- Submit wrong / fraudulent expense claims or supportive / bills/ cash memos in support of ones claims.
- Indulge in theft, fraud, dishonesty, pilferage in connection with the companys co-workers / customers of personnels property, goods, belongings, documents.
- Damage or maltreat companys / co-workers / customers / personnels property, documents, interest.
- Failure to give proper documents / evidence in support of claiming tax benefits.
- Take / give bribes, illegal gratification, presents to get work done, accept presents / give away from customers / personnel or other parties for personal gratification, accept gifts from subordinates.
11. COUNSELLING LETTER Mr. / Ms _________________________________ Date: ________________ Employee Code No.:________________ Through: HOD / Manager Following incident has been reported: ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ The above incident reflects improper behavior which can spoil the working, environment in the Department / Company. After discussing the implication of this incident with you and me, it has been decided to advise you to be cautions in future and not repeat such an act Thereby, ask you to maintain discipline in the department. We sincerely hope you will reciprocate this gesture. For Comart Lithographers Ltd. HOD / Manager Copy to: HR ManagerReceived By: 12. SHOW CAUSE NOTICE
- Mr. / Ms _________________________________Date: ________________
- Employee Code No.:________________
- An incident has been reported against you as under:
- The act (s) as above alleged to have been committed by you amount to misconduct.
- Accordingly, you are hereby called upon to submit your written explanation and show cause why disciplinary action should not be taken against you.
- Your explanation must reach the undersigned by _______________________should you fail to submit your explanation as required, the matter will be disposed of without any further references to you.
- For Comart Lithographers Ltd.
- Manager- HR Received By:
13. WARNING LETTER Mr. / Ms _________________________________ Date: ______________ Employee Code No.:________________ Your explanation dated ____________ in reply to show cause notice dated ___________ as found to be unsatisfactory. You are accordingly hereby warned. You are further advised in your own interest to be cautious and not repeat such an act in future. For Comart Lithographers Ltd. Manager- HR Received By: 14. Mr. / Ms _________________________________ Date: ________________ Employee Code No.:________________ Your explanation dated_______________in reply to show cause notice / letter of chargedated_______________as found to be unsatisfactory. The gravity of misconduct committed by you is such that it warrants severe punishment. However, we are taking a lenient view this time and have decided to award you this stern warning. Should you repeat any such thing in future or commit any other misconduct we will not hesitate to take strict disciplinary action against you. For Comart Lithographers Ltd. Manager- HR Received By: STERN WARNING LETTER 15. CHARGE SHEET
- Mr. / Ms _________________________________ Date: ________________
- Employee Code No.:________________
- It has been reported against you as under:
- On _______________ at _______________ you_________________________________