components of tourism
out of 15
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONComponents of tourism - tourist destination
- Accommodation Accessibility Amenities Attractions Activities
- It is very basic to tourist destinations. The latest trend in accommodation is holiday villages.
- Primary Accommodations Secondary Accommodations
- Hotels Resorts Complexes Heritage Hotels
- Motels Youth Hostels Holiday Centers Farm Houses Sleeper Trains Caravans
- Accessibility is a means by which a tourist can reach the area where attractions are located
- Accessibility also means the transportation. The important transportation modes are road,rail,air and water transport. Accessible tourism is intended as the set of services and facilities capable of allowing persons with specific needs to enjoy a holiday and their leisure time with no particular barriers or problems.
- The basic facilities provided in a tourist destination.
- Natural Amenities Manmade Amenities
- Beaches Sea Bathing Possibilities of Fishing Opportunities of trekking Manmade Amenities Various types of entertainment Facilities which cater special needs.
- A tourist attraction is a place of interest where tourists visit, typically for its inherent or exhibited cultural value, historical significance, natural or built beauty, or amusement opportunities.
- Natural Attractions Climates Landscapes Mountains Beaches Manmade Attractions Theme parks Museums Ancient Monuments Cultural Centers
- Culture Traditions Scenic Entertainment Other Attractions
- The various elements of tourism services available which offered to tourist at the destinations
- Tourism resources Receptive Facilities Entertainment and Sport Facilities Tourism Reception Facilities
View more >