out of 40
Post on 17-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThese are used at the European System Center Launch back in 2006.
- 1. THIS SESSION IS ABOUT Clients, clients, clients... Management? Whats new in Config Manager 2012 Whats new in Windows Intune 3.0 beta What about Direct Access
- 2. MANAGE, SECURE PCS AND DEVICES
- 3. CONFIG MANAGER 2012Managing up to 400.000 devices? Yes we can!
- 4. CONFIGURATION MANAGER 2012 Asset Compliance Deployment Security Management Management HW and SW Application Compliance RBAC Inventory Management Settings Software Update Power NAPAsset Intelligence Management Management Endpoint Operating System ProtectionSoftware Metering Deployment Reporting Remote Content Management Management Monitoring
- 5. SITES AND HIERARCHIESConfiguration Manager 2012 can be implemented as: Single primary site Primary SiteConfiguration Manager 2012 can be implemented as: A hierarchy made of: Central Central administration site Administration Site Primary sites Secondary sites Secondary Primary Site Primary Site Site
- 6. CONFIG MANAGER CLIENTThe Configuration Manager 2012 Client: Collects hardware and software inventory Deploys applications and software updates Meters the usage of applications Site Server Detects and remediates configuration settings Supports remote management Applies power management policies Client Protects the client against malware by using Endpoint Protection
- 7. WINDOWS CLIENT OS SUPPORT Operating System Editions Service Pack PlatformWindows XP Professional SP3 x86Windows Vista Business SP2 x86, x64 Enterprise UltimateWindows Server 2003 Web RTM, R2 x86, x64 Standard Enterprise DatacenterWindows Server 2008 Standard x86, x64 Enterprise DatacenterWindows XP Tablet PC SP3 x86Windows Storage Server R2 x64Windows 7 Professional RTM, SP1 x86, x64 Enterprise UltimateWindows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 x64 Enterprise Datacenter
- 8. WINDOWS MOBILE CLIENT SUPPORTNote: Windows Phone 7 Series is not supported as a native client, only through theExchange connectorNative client support includes: Windows CE 5.0 (Arm and x86 processors) Windows CE 6.0 (Arm and x86 processors) Windows Mobile 6.0 Windows Mobile 6.1 Windows Phone 6.5Light management support using the Exchange connector through: Exchange Server 2010 Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Exchange Online
- 9. BOUNDARIES Central Administration Site ActiveDirectory Primary Site A Primary Site B Boundary Boundary Boundary Boundary Boundary Group A Boundary Group B
- 10. OVERVIEW OF CLIENT STATUS Client Status Dashboard view when Client Status node selected Dashboard shows summary information Click on labels for detailed information Can specify the group to view summary information for
- 11. HEALTH EVALUATION TASK ccmeval.exe is located in the Configuration Manager client folder ccmeval.exe runs as a scheduled task Client Health can auto-remediate some client issues
- 12. MONITORING CLIENT ACTIVITY Client Activity Administrator defined thresholds to determine if a client is active Select the Client Status node and then click Client Status Settings to configure Results displayed as part of the Client Status dashboard Client Activity node shows the percentage of clients that are active Click on appropriate pie piece for detailed information
- 13. CLIENT CHECK Client Check Shows the summary results of the Health Evaluation task Also displays trend information for monitoring client health activity Click on appropriate pie piece for detailed information
- 14. WINDOWS INTUNE 3.0Where did the device go? Who cares?
- 15. MANAGE, SECURE PCS AND DEVICES ANYWHERESIMPLE WEB-BASED ADMINISTRATION CONSOLE AND A FRIENDLY IW EXPERIENCE
- 16. VISIONDELIVER THE BEST WINDOWS EXPERIENCE, EMBRACE CONSUMERIZATION TRENDS WITH ENTERPRISE-CLASS MANAGEMENT
- 17. CONSUMERIZATION FOCUS
- 18. LOGICAL ARCHITECTURE Sync AD user data into the cloud Sync managed users to Windows Intune Sync mobile devices for managed usersActiveSyn Policy/Configc Apply EAS policies or remediation tasks
- 19. EXCHANGE CONNECTOR Allows Windows Intune to manage EAS connected devices Discover mobile devices which are connected to Exchange and belong to Windows Intune managed users Manage EAS targeted policies and org wide access rules Retire and wipe mobile devices Automatic and easy to use
View more >