Civil Engineering and Management Construction Management and Engineering Industrial Design Engineering Mechanical Engineering Sustainable Energy Technology.
out of 28
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Civil Engineering and Management Construction Management and Engineering Industrial Design Engineering Mechanical Engineering Sustainable Energy Technology Welcome to the Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) (Dutch: CTW)
- Slide 2
- 2 Contents Organisation Practical Issues Rules, complaints and counselling http://www.utwente.nl/internationalstudents/preparing 2
- Slide 3
- Engineering Technology EducationEducation: 8 programmes: 3 BSc; 5 MSc master programmes: 13 specialisations all CTW master programmes have a duration of 2 years, equivalent to 2x60=120 EC ResearchResearch: 42 chairs in 13 research groups, grouped in 5 departments 3
- Slide 4
- 4 Engineering Technology Support StaffScientific Staff Programme: - Educational Director - Programme Coordinator - Academic counsellor - Student Mobility Centre (internship, exchange) - Student Administration (BOZ) Chair: -Secretary -Technician Chair: -Professor -Associate Professor (UHD) -Assistant Professor (UD) -Staff member (education/ research) -PhD-student (AIO / OIO) -PDEng 4
- Slide 5
- 5 Student Administration (BOZ) Organisation / administration of (all) educational activities Location: CEM/CME: HR Z-202 IDE/ME/SET:HR Z-206 drop in for questions regarding your programme (e.g. marks; see note on office door) all other questions (e.g. enrolment): Student Services, VrijhofStudent Services 5
- Slide 6
- 6 Programme sites www.utwente.nl/cemCEMwww.utwente.nl/cem www.utwente.nl/cmeCMEwww.utwente.nl/cme www.utwente.nl/ideIDEwww.utwente.nl/ide www.utwente.nl/meMEwww.utwente.nl/me www.utwente.nl/setSETwww.utwente.nl/set 6
- Slide 7
- UT Educational software my.utwente.nl Manuals for all educational / administrative software modules (OSIRIS, Blackboard, SMS,...) can be found found at: http://www.utwente.nl/onderwijssystemen/en/abo ut_the_applications/ http://www.utwente.nl/onderwijssystemen/en/abo ut_the_applications/ 7
- Slide 8
- 7 Courses : when schedule / timetable(NL: rooster) rooster.utwente.nl individualised terminology lecture (NL: hoorcollege) tutorial (NL: werkcollege / gentegreerd onderwijs) seminar (NL: responsiecollege / werkcollege) colstructie (mix of lecture & tutorial ; NL alt.: gentegreerd onderwijs) practical (NL: practicum) excursion 8
- Slide 9
- 7 Courses : when hours: 1+208.45-10.30 hrs. 3+410.45-12.30 hrs. 6+713.45-15.30 hrs. 8+915.45-17.30 hrs. Evening classes are possible, but not used so far. Breaks 10-15 minutes 9
- Slide 10
- 12 Courses : what course catalogue OSIRIS public electronic learning environment Blackboard only registered users blackboard.utwente.nl educational announcements books: through study association via amazon.com or bol.com Readers via Union Shop (Bastille) 10
- Slide 11
- 12 Courses : registration registration for courses : Study Information System OSIRIS registration for Blackboard and exams : automatically, when registered in OSIRIS registration in the Student Mobility System SMS for : exchange semester abroad internship master thesis 11
- Slide 12
- Slide 13
- Grades grades are officially published via Osiris: results via Blackboard are preliminary! 1-10 (very poor - excellent) 10 is for God, 9 is for the teacher Average just under 7 > 5.5 / 6 => passing grade In case of a resit of an exam: the highest obtained grade is the valid grade It is not (very) common to retake exams for which you scored a passing grade the first time 9 13
- Slide 14
- 10 Educational system Characteristics: Student-centred: stimulating development of own opinion, initiative and (self)reflection Problem-based learning Teamwork MSc-programmes of Engineering Technology are research masters MSc-thesis project at least 30 EC See also www.nuffic.nlwww.nuffic.nl 14
- Slide 15
- 11 Student-staff relation Direct, informal, but be aware! Ask questions, take initiative, but do not nag Formulate your opinion but base it on facts Only use first names when you are given permission 15
- Slide 16
- Study associations ConcepTCEM/CME www.concept.utwente.nl www.concept.utwente.nl DaedalusIDE www.daedalus.utwente.nl www.daedalus.utwente.nl Isaac NewtonME/SET www.isaacnewton.utwente.nl www.isaacnewton.utwente.nl for students by students study trips, excursions, lunch meetings with companies, social activities,... Some information may not be in English but theyre working on it 16
- Slide 17
- Computers ICT Service Centre: www.utwente.nl/icts www.utwente.nl/icts Checklist for new students http://www.utwente.nl/icts/en/diensten/catalogus/e erstejaars/ http://www.utwente.nl/icts/en/diensten/catalogus/e erstejaars/ 17
- Slide 18
- Rules Studentcharter (StudentenStatuut): see educational programme website Additions and changes via announcements (= onderwijsmededelingen) Focus points: Pass/fail regulations Fraud / plagiarism (especially in relation to assignments) 18
- Slide 19
- Complaints (education) Via the teacher Via the Programme Director Via the study association Educational Committee (Opleidingscommissie (OLC)) (programme and course content) Examination Board (Examencommissie) (exams) 19
- Slide 20
- Complaints / problems Faculty Coordinator International Affairs: Jelle Ferwerda Office Z2.12, J.G.Ferwerda@utwente.nl International Office visa / housing www.utwente.nl/internationalstudents/ Student Services admission enrollment (registration) www.utwente.nl/so/studentservices 053 - 489 2124 19 20
- Slide 21
- Counselling Tutor (member scientific staff): programme arrangements Academic counsellor: personal problems, interface to examination board Student Counselling Service (= Bureau Studentenbegeleiding) counsellor and psychologists financial issues, courses, therapy www.utwente.nl/so/studentenbegeleiding 053 - 489 2035 Also: parents, house mates, partner, friends, religious community 21
- Slide 22
- Counselling international students Student Mobility Centre CTW Faculty Coordinator International Affairs Programme Mobility Coordinator Programme related issues Personal problems 22
- Slide 23
- Study in Holland For all international students @ CTW Voluntarily Informal Discussions on common issues, observations and experiences Sign up and/or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com 23
- Slide 24
- MoMi Modern Migration (Migration for degree-seekers to the Netherlands). all students with a study-visa will have to pass certain performance criteria Jelle Ferwerda will have a chat with each international student regarding these and other performance criteria used in the UT.
- Slide 25
- 22 Not only studying Living on your own Sport and cultural associations Part-time jobs Extra curricular activities study association ; KIVI ; BEST ;... www.facebook.com/SMCCTW facebook group: University of Twente - Engineering Technology For your development as a true academic extra curricular activities can be very important 25
- Slide 26
- 24 Contact person per programme Overall: Jelle Ferwerda (Horst Z-212, international) pre-masters: Monique Duyvenstijn (Horst Z-222, pre-master) CEM/CME: Judith Roos-Krabbenbos (Horst Z-216, international) IDE: Jolanthe Schretlen (Horst Z-216, international) ME/SET: Dorien van de Belt (Horst W-204, international) 26
- Slide 27
- Academic counseling Overall: Jelle Ferwerda (Horst Z-212, international) CEM/CME: Judith Krabbenbos (Horst Z-224, all) IDE: Jolanthe Schretlen (Horst Z-216, all) ME/SET: Annet de Kiewit (Horst Z-218, all)
- Slide 28
- I wish you a very inspiring and happy time here in Enschede! 28
View more >
Process Engineering and Industrial Management (Dal Pont/Process Engineering and Industrial Management) || Lifecycle Analysis and Eco-Design: Innovation Tools for Sustainable Industrial Chemistry
Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering ?· industrial engineering and mechanical engineering…
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY In the Construction Management Engineering Technology Program, students will
SCE Design and Engineering Services - ETCC Partners | ?· Design & Engineering Services ... Energy management…
STUDY EVALUATION SCHEME Diploma in Engineering – Civil Engineering (Construction Management Safety) ... CIVIL ENGINEERING (Construction Management Safety) ... compound, multiple and ...
A Civil Engineering, Program Management and Construction ... Engineering ... A Civil Engineering, Program Management and Construction ... the project also includes the following civil engineering related ...
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,ENERGY SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABLE ... ENGINEERING, ENERGY SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT CONTENTS VOLUME I Mechanical Engineering 1 K. V. Frolov, Academician, Mechanical Engineering ...
Facts Figures ?? Chemical Engineering • Civil Engineering • Complex Systems Engineering and Management • Computer Engineering • Computer Science • Construction Management and Engineering • Design for Interaction • Engineering and ...
?· Web viewFACULTY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING M.E. Construction Engineering and Management M.E. Structural…
INVESTOR MANAGEMENT DAY ‒ CONSTRUCTION 1. 2 Building and Housing Civil Engineering Engineering Projects Construction.
Engineering and Technology Management ?· Engineering and Technology ... engineering management in each…
School of Engineering and Electronics Civil Engineering Management School of Engineering and Electronics & Bovis Lend Lease Risk Management in Construction.
Dr. Dean Jensen, Industrial Engineering Engineering Management1 Senior Design Project Management Tools Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management.
SET - 1 INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT ... ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT (Mechanical Engineering) Time:…