cirquis du soleil
Post on 18-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONby Iana Postrimba FB 28 K ASEM, Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova
- 1. An Amazing Business Made by: Potr mba Iana Student at ASEM FB 28K
2. An amazing business 3. $600 million-a-year Entertainment Empire
- A devoted public that will pay almost any ticket price (from $40 to $195) to see the elaborate shows
- The cost to stage one of the performances ( K )-
- $ 165million.
4. Cirque du Soleil
- Circu s of the Sun founded in 1984by Guy Lalibert ;
- Tacticts :
- 1.Promote the show;
- 2. Find noteasily replaced performers;
- 3.eliminate spoken dialogue;
- 4. cut out expensive and controversial animal acts.
- 4 . 000employees from40countries ;
- 17showsn 271cities ;
- INCOME$ 810 mil lion/year;
- AWARDS: Emmi,Bambi , Drama Desk.
- A permanent theater, can cost upward of$25 millionand require three years:
- To conceive;
- Saltimbanco(1992; 2007);
- Mystre (1993);
- Quidam(1996) ;
- Cirque du Soleil expects to generate$600 millionin sales next year.
1994 9. 1992 / 2007
- Cirque generates about80%of its revenues at the box office.
- The rest of the money from show- related merchandise, including custom clothing and DVDs of Cirque touring productions such as QuidamandVarekai .
2002 11. 1996 12.
- Cirque Du Soleil offline showscored$1.6 millionin funding tied to a celebration of the 450th anniversary of Canada's discovery .
2009 13. As a Good Competitor in business, IT can teach :
- about recruiting and retaining supremely talented specialists ;
- coaxing extreme creativity from a diverse band of employees ;
- building a powerhouse global brand
14. Hierarchy of beloved brands in 2004:
- Cirque du Soleil ( No.22 );
- Ahead of the brands:
- Volkswagen ;
- and (ouch) Disney .
- n 2008 25.000 costume s ;
- 3.000 pairs of shoes/year
- Show Mystere 2.000sparkles on a costume ;
- Show O 2months to sew a costume .
17. America Oceania Europe Asia 18. Europ e 15countries Austria Belgi um Ir eland DenmarkGerman y FinlandFra nce GreatBrit ain 19. Nor way Holand Portugalia Rus s ia Spa in S weden Switzerland 20.
C hildren(0-12years ) -74,80 euro Adul ts 93,50 euro C hildren(0-12years ) -60,30 euro Adul ts 75,90 euro C hildren(0-12years ) -51,70 euro Adul ts 64,90 euro C hildren(0-12years ) -39,60 euro Adul ts 49,50 euro 21. 25 yearsit is just the beginning 22. Strategy in business
- "It's part of who we are. Every time we come in a comfort zone, we will find a way to get out, because being comfortable in our business is very, very dangerous."
23. " We like to take risks Daniel Lamarre , president and COO of Cirque du Soleil. 24. Gal ery 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. Inspire yourself to create together with the C i r q u e d u S o l e i l 32. Happy end 33. Thank You!!! 34. Vocabulary
- Flawless - 1.Being entirely without flaw or imperfection;
- Bizarre- 1.Strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance; odd, fantastic ;
- Training to skirt death-to work very hard ;
- Conceive-1.to form or develop in the mind; devise: conceive a plan to increase profits.
- 2. To apprehend mentally; understand: couldn't conceive the meaning of that sentence.
- 3. To be of the opinion that; think: didn't conceive such a tragedy could occur.
- Cutting-edge-in accord with the most fashionable ideas or style; "wears only the latest style";
- Cohesive -2.tending to cohere or stick together.Ex: cohesive story line .
- Pitch - To attempt to promote or sell, often in a high-pressure manner . Ex: pitched a touring version of the show.
- Quirky - An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary.Ex: launch his quirky circus into international prominence.
- Lavishly- in a wasteful manner; Characterized by or produced with extravagance and profusion
- Staggering-Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming: a staggering achievement; a staggering defeat.
- Launch- To introduce to the public or to a market: launched the new perfume with prime-time commercials on the major networks.