Christmas customs in Greece Christmas is one of the most important religious celebrations. We celebrate Christmas Day as the anniversary of the birth of
out of 10
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Christmas customs in Greece Christmas is one of the most important religious celebrations. We celebrate Christmas Day as the anniversary of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.,
- Slide 2
- Children all around Greece go from house to house to sing the Christmas carols on Christmas and New Years Eves and they are given sweets and money in return. They sing and play music with the help of a small triangle.
- Slide 3
- At Christmas, all the Greek houses are decorated with Christmas trees, glittering balls, little bells, toy snowmen and lamps.
- Slide 4
- In the past, people in Greece used to decorate a small boat, not a Christmas tree.
- Slide 5
- The Greek traditional Christmas sweets are melomakarona, kourampiedes and Christmas cookies. We also have stuffed turkey and roast piglet for the main course.
- Slide 6
- On New Years Eve (not on Christmas Eve),all the children go to their beds waiting for Santa Claus to leave their presents on their beds or under the Christmas tree. Its a New Years custom to bake a cake called vasilopita (Santa Clauss pie) in which there is a coin. The person who finds the coin in their piece is the lucky one of the year.
- Slide 7
- Christmas is a time of attending church, exchanging gifts, sharing meals with family and friends and, of course, feeling joy and love.
- Slide 8
- You can listen to greek carols if you click on the following links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PO53oBCoOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E0wiw4LRcI
- Slide 9
- Merry Christmas to us all
- Slide 10
- The e twinning team Class C 1 st High school of Kalampaka
View more >
Christmas in Slovenia. How we celebrate Christmas in Slovenia ? Christmas in Slovenia we celebrate with our family. In Christmas Eve we do a Christmas
CHRISTMAS IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES Kolyada E.A.. Christmas in India Christian community in India celebrate Christmas with pomp, gaiety and devotion. Celebrations