christmas and its true meaning but master writer and marketer dr. jeffrey lant nov 23, 2012 black...
out of 13
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is another great series of Christmas articles and reflecting on the true meanings of Christmas.
- 1. Christmas and its true meaning but master writer and marketer Dr. Jeffrey Lant Nov 23, 2012 Black Friday
- 2. Preface / IntroductionThe Christmas Memories of past and present a collection of stories in my series of articles about thetrue meaning of Christmas.Feel Free to Comment and share with family and friends:The Next 7 people that Call me now for your FREE Internet marketing consultation. $100 value. Letan expert show you RIGHT NOW how to profit online every single day without leaving home. Callme -- Howard Martell-- now, (757) 962-2482.Or Skype me homeprofitcoach LIVE 24/7/365. Yoursuccess guaranteed. Im waiting for your call RIGHT NOW!
- 3. Table of Contents1. Its not beginning to look a lot like Christmas, yet, but it IS time to start planning.2. God rest you merry, gentlemen. At my home that means preparing everything for the visit of thePrince of Peace. Its a true labor of love.3. First Christmas away from home. Paris. 1967.
- 4. Christmas and its true meaning but master writer and marketer Dr. Jeffrey Lant Nov 23, 2012 Black FridayIts not beginning to look a lot like Christmas, yet, but it IStime to start planning.by Dr. Jeffrey LantAuthors program note. I knew what the response would be when I played the classic "Its BeginningTo Look A Lot Like Christmas" yesterday for all the horrified folks in the Live Business Center, butit was even better than I hoped for ... universal moans, groans, and expostulations that all meant,"Dr. Lant, you cant be serious!" Nobody thanked me for my concern about making this yearsholiday season the smoothest ever because it would be the best planned ever.I mean, you want to avoid the chaos and confusion that distinguished your efforts last year, right?And you definitely want to avoid the acute Last-Minute- I-Tis that seems to occur every single year,right? Well, Im here in my role as Santas Little Helper to make this dream come true."Are you sure youre not jumping the gun just a little?"Unless youre a bona fide Christmas freak (and they do exist) you think of this most importantholiday of the year not with happy expectations but rather with dread and apprehension,remembering what can go wrong because of all the things that have gone wrong in years past; someof them certifiable doozies like the time you "forgot" to get that "little something" for your muchloved mother-in-law. That kind of faux pas can never occur if you follow the instructions Im aboutto give you. And that alone makes your attention now worth it.1) Plan, dont just think about planning. Planning means just that. Sit down at your computer, open anew file and brainstorm all the categories you must have and master to ensure the best possibleresult. If your plan is complete and thorough and if you master it, you are going to have a superiorevent. Guaranteed. Otherwise itll be catch as catch can. That can be memorable, of course, but in allthe wrong ways.2) Review what happened last year. Christmas is about traditions, but one tradition you want toexclude is muddle. What really worked last year? What did people like... what did YOU like... andwhat left a mess, even bad feelings? The earlier you walk through what happened, why it happenedand (where applicable) why it better not happen again, the better.3) Select a tune that gets you in the Christmas mood, even when you most assuredly are not. I likeDer Bingles version of "Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" written by Meredith Wilsonin 1951. It works on even the most hardened Grinch. I know. Im one.4) Brainstorm all the people you want to gratify with a gift. Be expansive. The idea whenbrainstorming is to jot down possibilities. Evaluation and exclusion are not part of this initialprocess. Thinking broadly and without limits is.5) Now prioritize. Who MUST get something (think mother-in-law) because the consequences ofnot giving are too horrible to consider... and who would it be nice to give something, but notnecessary? Prioritizing is crucial... unless you have more money than God, although its rumoredthat even His pockets are not so deep as usual after our punk year.Avoid the "January Hangover".Many overly jolly holiday givers wake up in January owing a bundle thats sure to make all themerry gentlemen dismay. Planning is crucial here.6) Budget. First, estimate how much money you want to spend. Then look at last years bills.http://www.HomeProfitCoach.com Copyright Howard Martell - 2012 4 of 13
- 5. Christmas and its true meaning but master writer and marketer Dr. Jeffrey Lant Nov 23, 2012 Black FridayScrutinize them closely. Was the amount you spent before easy to pay... or did it leave you broke,under a pile of debt? There are two keys here:First, determine your budget, then resolve this year not just to live within that budget, but to covermost if not all of your expenses with cash on hand, not credit. What! Youre thinking thatspositively un-American. Youre right... paying up front for Christmas expenses IS un-American, andthats a very good thing. This means determining how much you can afford to spend as determinedby how much you can put away prior to December 15, then saving and spending accordingly. Thiswill save you a lot of grief and lamentation in January.Shop early.Right now as Im writing Christmas is still about 100 days away. No rush to shop, right? Thatdepends on whether you want distinctive gifts... or whether any old gift will do. For all that Im aGrinch of unmatched performance, I make it a point to give gifts of thoughtful consideration only.No mere "gift" will do. For me, this means scouting the catalogs of the worlds major auction houses,places like Sothebys, Christies, Dorotheum, etc. I never have any trouble finding things of beautyand rarity, even if sticker shock comes along with it, especially fine jewelry. Every auction house inthe world has special bijoux sales before Christmas with eye- popping bling. Youd be surprised atthe bargains available for the diamonds which are always a girls best friend.Important note: if you take advantage of this recommendation, remember that things you purchase atsuch auctions may and very likely will need restoration and professional TLC before being given,not to mention adequate time for packing and shipping. Make generous delivery estimatesaccordingly.Plan for the "little people."My life works because of all the so-called "little people" who assist, help, organize and, I admit,coddle me. It takes many such people providing a plethora of such services to make my life work.All must be remembered at Christmas, but how to do it without breaking the bank?With me, Trader Joes is the answer; specifically their unmatched for the price liquor department. Ittakes just one trip purchasing just two cases of fine wine and sherry to solve the problem. Then all Ihave to do is write ("For Aime") on my business card and tape it on the bottle. Voila, I have a giftthat never fails to please, especially if they didnt expect to be remembered. And thus my status as a"good fellow" is secured for another year and so is their good service on which I so rely.Check your lights and ornaments well before you need them.One of the seasons habitual frustrations is ensuring you have all the lights and ornaments you needbefore you have to have them. Finding out you dont have them is a major hassle in December; just aminor glitch in September. Thus review what youve got early. Then shop online to order what youneed; you can do this any day of the year by searching on the item you want. Thats the sensible,inexpensive, cool, calm and collected way to do it.Wither goest thou?Are you traveling this year? Air fares are up which means planning is even more necessary. Hereswhere the online discount travel services come in. The earlier you consult and use them, the betterthe deals. Just remember, once youve booked these specials, there is always a penalty for change orcancellation.Now sit back and enjoy the holidays.I have seen 64 Christmases so far, this year my 65th and it has long seemed to me that too manyhttp://www.HomeProfitCoach.com Copyright Howard Martell - 2012 5 of 13
- 6. Christmas and its true meaning but master writer and marketer Dr. Jeffrey Lant Nov 23, 2012 Black Fridaypeople are too harassed to enjoy them. If you follow the directions in this article carefully andthoroughly, you will savor and enjoy them, perhaps for the first time in years. And that may be thebiggest gift of all.http://www.HomeProfitCoach.com Copyright Howard Martell - 2012 6 of 13
- 7. Christmas and its true meaning but master writer and marketer Dr. Jeffrey Lant Nov 23, 2012 Black FridayGod rest you merry, gentlemen. At my home that meanspreparing everything for the visit of the Prince of Peace. Itsa true labor of love.By Dr. Jeffrey LantAuthors program note. Please note the date: Saturday October 13 for this is the opening of theChristmas preparation season for 2012. Archeologists and cultural historians will be grateful t
View more >