choosing the right b school for you
out of 13
Post on 07-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is an excellent PPT with experiential tips on how to choose the right business school for you. To read more on Education visit - http://eduworldinfo.wordpress.com/ - http://eduworldinfo.com/
- 1. Tips for Choosing the Right Business School By Eduworld Management Services Pvt Ltd.,
- 2. Introduction You're young, ambitious and searching for a suitable B School. You begin with a general search, but there are so many institutions offering courses. What is the right B School for you? This question is best answered with tons of research, thought, and discussion.
- 3. Why Should You Choose Your B School Wisely? Committing two years of your life, together with lakhs of rupees, deserves a careful consideration. The reputation of a top-ranked B School is likely to impress your prospective employer. Your choice of a B School will affect your career and your future.
- 4. Know thy self Before you choose a B School Know what you want. With crores invested in advertising. It is easy to get overwhelmed by all the freebies B Schools offer. Whats good for your friends may not be good for you. Identify your interests and purpose for doing an MBA or Diploma in Business Studies.
- 5. Tips for Choosing the Right B School Determine Your Interests and find out if the program offered by the B School interests you. Ask for Information Email Institutions & ask for their prospectus. Extra Curricular Activities - Check out their extra curricular activities. Research - Talk to your friends, trawl the net, discuss with your teachers, inquire with your parents and their peers.
- 6. Tips for Choosing the Right B School Visit Websites - of as many B Schools as you can. Facilities Inquire about the library, scholarships, hostels. If field trips & guest lectures are part of the course. Location - you might not want to be too far from home, or may have regional preferences. Cost of the Course- ensure the cost conforms with your budget, it not begin also planning your finances.
- 7. Tips for Choosing the Right B School Diversity of Pupils From across the state or country, will ensure you get exposed to students from different backgrounds and experiences. Student Retention & Graduation Rates - should help you determine the B School's quality and satisfaction of its students. Recognition is the Institution recognized by any Government Authority, is it registered with the Government. Foreign Affiliation if the Institution is affiliated to a Foreign University, double check if this claim is correct
- 8. Tips for Choosing the Right B School Curriculum - Review the curriculum to ensure it is updated, also study its emphasis and ensure it is aligned with your interests and purpose. Size of the Classroom Determine the student-to-teacher ratio in the institution, and ensure it is low enough to allow for individual attention. Reputation - Read what ex-students say about the Institution and post queries on student forums; you can also check its national ranking. Exclusiveness If a B School is selective about the number of students it admits, check if their criteria matches your academic background.
- 9. Tips for Choosing the Right B School Placement Statistics - Choose a B School with a good placement record. Check recruiter records and speak with former graduates of the School. Visit the Campus - Talk to a few students and ask if they would make the same college choice if they had to do it again. Interview the Counselor - Get him/her to explain the benefits of their institution and course.
- 10. Things not to do when choosing a B School Do not be overly concerned with the B Schools national ranking. Just because a School is rated number one doesn't mean that it will be the right match for you. Do not choose a B School because your friends are going there. A B School is a match to be made, not a prize to be won. B Schools are flourishing across the country do not let their ads carry you away. Double check everything on the ads and prospectus.
- 11. Conclusion Undoubtedly, deciding on the right B School for you is a time consuming exercise but considering that this choice influences your life, it is well worth the effort.
- 12. EduWorld Management Services EduWorld Management Services offers a host of Counseling and Career Guidance Services to Students aspiring to join Professional Colleges and Courses across the country. EduWorld Management Services will help you locate the course that best suits your personality. Keeping in mind your specifications regarding interests, location and budget. From locating the course you desire, to helping you through the admission process EduWorld Management Services will be your Shepard. For EduWorld, Your Education is Our World
- 13. Contact Us EduWorld Management Services Pvt Ltd., # 819, Level-3, Arise Building, 27th Main, HSR Sector-1, Bangalore-560 102, India. Tel: +97425 80455 / 080-65300901 / 902 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org Website - http://www.eduworldinfo.com/ Blog - http://eduwordinfo.wordpress.com/ Twitter - http://twitter.com/EduWorldInfo
View more >