choosing right floor
out of 6
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Your guide to flooring ideas The world of home dcor is so dynamic that there are new developments at every rising of the sun. Among the areas where there are changes continually is the area of flooring design. Nowadays, the type of flooring that was considered as belonging to the living room can easily be used in the kitchen and vice versa. People today tiles in the family room and hardwood flooring in the kitchen; this adds up to only one thing, there is plenty of room for experimentation when it comes to matters of floor installation. Since there is such a wide array of materials to choose from, sometimes picking the right flooring material for your project can become a tricky affair.
- 2. Your guide to flooring ideas It is important to know what factors you need to consider when you are picking materials for new floor installation. The first and most important factor you must have in mind is how you are going to use the room in mind since this will determine the correct material you are going to use. When you think about wooden flooring for instance, you can be sure that it will not be appropriate for a laundry room or the bathroom because of the amount of water such a floor gets into contact with. Ceramic flooring would be a better idea for such a room.
- 3. Choosing right flooring material You need to always consider how much traffic any particular room gets exposed to every single day; whether you have children or pets can also make a great difference since when you have those two, you will have issues when it comes to floor maintenance. A type of floor material that has a great chance of staining will be inappropriate in a room where there are children and pets.
- 4. Choosing right flooring material You also need to be careful when designing a room that has furniture of any kind such that your choice is based on where the furniture will be placed. Aesthetics also count a great deal because you want your floor installation to bring warmth and color to the room. No matter what floor installation choices you make, you must always try to make sure it matches well with the rest of the dcor in the room. Always try to look at the bigger picture such that you include other features like furniture and the walls. All other aspects of the room such as the draperies, accessories and ceilings should be in mind when you are planning to do some floor installation. The flooring option that you choose should be able to fit in with the rest of the room so that you have a complete picture. When you are not sure what color of flooring materials you are going to buy, the best idea is to take pictures of the different aspects of the room and carry them along with you as you go shopping.
- 5. Contact Us Address: 8950 Route 108, Suite 105 - Columbia,MD 21045 Website: www.floorgem.com Call us: 410.381.6697 - Baltimore Area 301.384.6608 - Washington Area
View more >