chapter 7 altered states of consciousness review
out of 32
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Chapter 7 Review
- A stage of sleep characterized by rapid eye movements, high level of brain activity, a deep relaxation of muscles and dreaming is known as _______.
- Stage IV REM Sleep
- ____ is a form of altered consciousness in which people become highly suggestible.
- Marijuana is an example of a _____ drug that interacts with the central nervous system to alter a persons mood, perception and behavior.
- A state of awareness including a persons feelings, sensations, ideas and perceptions.
- Substances such as LSD are called ____ because their main effect is to produce hallucinations.
- A prolonged and usually abnormal inability to obtain adequate sleep is called ___.
- Sleep, hypnosis, meditation and tripping out are all examples of _____.
- Altered States of Consciousness
- This scientist identified three levels of consciousness; the conscious, the preconscious and the unconscious.
- Sigmund Freud
- A technique in which a person learns to control his or her internal physiological processes with the help of special machines is called _____.
- People such as the Shaolin Monks use _____ to clear the mind and produce relaxation or produce inner peace. Because of this, they can control certain physiological processes and do many amazing things and ordinary person cannot.
- The most widely abused, mind altering substance in the United States today is _____.
- ____ is a biological clock that is genetically programmed to regulate physiological responses within a 24-25 hour period.
- The Circadian Rhythm
- We talked about 5 specific sleep disorders in class. Name them!
- Sleep Apnea
- Nightmares/Night Terrors
- Sleepwalking/Sleep Talking
View more >