Centre for Social Innovation in the Netherlands (2)
Post on 29-Jul-2015
1. NCSI: Center of Social innovation in the Netherlands 2. Social innovation: some quotes
- The enhancement of labour productivity, better use of talent within organisations and enhancemant of fun at work.
- A stimulating working climate will improve workers pleasure and performance.
- If you give more voice to the workers, for example about their working time schedule, the organisations performance will improve.
3. NCSI Organisation structure
- 2 employers- associations
- 2 unions
- 2 universities
- 1 knowledge institute
- big firms . unions
- commercial consultants agencies
- knowledge institutes
Knowledge- platform Programm Council Innovation platform Board Projectteam Projects & Networks NCSI MP 4. Financial structure
- Government support (3 departments)
- Support of founding fathers (boardmembers) in money and kind
- Contribution of members programmcouncil and knowledge platform
- Payed projects or assistance (consultancy)
5. NCSI Roles, activities and target groups
- Action center: realise projects with organisations
- Demand driven start en organise projects
- Experiments & monitoring
- Examples: bottom-up innovation, management on the base of trust, selfsceduling, employe 2.0, ICT&labour, manage flexibel labour.
- Aimed also at regions&branches of trade
- Knowledge center: gather and spreadknowledge
- D-base (cases, literature, surveys, labour agreements); Seminars, Courses and conferences; Knowledge groups; NCSI Academy;Trainee-programm; Publications
- Focus on intermediary groups (consultants, trainers, employers organisations and unions)
- Lobbying, agenda-setting, influence on politics
6. Key supporters/drivers for social innovation
- Visionairy management (individuals)
- Collective labour agreements (some, growing)
- Consultants& trainers (the good ones)
- ESF (?)
- National, such as:Innovation vouchers for branches of trade (till now: focus on technology)
- Innovation platform programm (yet to start)
- Willing but potential?
- Employers organisations