cemetery epitaphs - spelling term 2...cemetery epitaphs name celery ... your identity the...
Post on 22-Apr-2018
Embed Size (px)
words ending in -ery
Use the words from the list to complete each word group.
1. graveyard, burial place,2. industrial, purifier,3, operation, medical procedure,4. slick, shifting,5. blazing, glowing,6. stalk, vegetable,7. theft, stealing,8. curtains, covering,9. pain, sorrow,
10. handiwork, sewing,11. grass, plants,12. notepad, envelopes,13. bow shooting, sport,14. engines, power tools,15. insult, false appearance,16, prank, joke,
)17. foodstuffs, store,18. incubator, brooder,
My Own Words
Write a synonym for each of your own words.
Magnify the SituationName
Unscramble the letters to find the spelling word (verb) that goes with each
clue (direct object).
1. (piifmyls)2. (abyfieut)3. (ulyfaiq)4. (iyrfroh)5. (fyidosli)6. (ffsliay)7. (yvfrie)8. (ynifot)9. (pfliaym)
10. (ifyustj)11. (Irofgiy)12. (cfteryi)13. (cfyrail)14. (yfftroi)15. (iafymng)16. (fnditeiy)17. (ngifydi)18. (itrecyf)
The first one is done for you.Verb
the problema city parkyour answeryour teacherthe liquidthe documentyour identitythe authoritiesthe soundyour actionsa herothe situationyour questionthe wallsthe cellsthe criminalthe procedurethe check
My Chun Words Identify the part(s) of speech that describe(s) each of your words (i.e. noun,
verb, adjective, etc.). Use a dictionary if needed.
words ending in -etCleaning CabinetsName
Unscramble the groups of letters in the kitchen cabinetsto form words from the word list,
My Own Words Identify the number of syllables in each of your own words. Then try tocome up with a synonym and antonym for each.Syllables
Going into Orbitwords ending in -it
Complete the magic square by writing the number of the word from the listin the lettered square that corresponds to its definition. Two of the wordswill not be used. *
A. To receive property after another diesB. To serve or be useful toC. To send forth or to give offD. To seek or to ask forE. An amount earned beyond expenses; gainF To correct or revise
G. A record of debt; to charge with a debtH. Courage; liveliness
1. To revolve aroundJ. Asset; acknowledgment; recognitionK. Robber or outlawL. To forbid
M. Go to see; stay as a guestN. To do; to place in confinement0. To show or to displayP To confess; to allow; to let in
13. orbit14. limit15. spirit16, visit17. credit18. emit
1. habit2. inherit3. prohibit4. exhibit5. edit6. bandit7. benefit8. profit9. admit
10. commit11. debit12. solicit
A B C D
E F G H
J K L
M N 0 P
My Own Words
*Check your magic square by adding each row and then each column of numbers. If all the sums arethe same, you have matched correctly.
Locate each word in the wordsearch. Draw a line through each word. Wordscan be found f I - - .
0 P D R A W S E T F A M E A N P L I L E P L E B R E F N F
Your Own Words Decide whether or not your own words arecompound words. If so, write the twowords that make up your compound word(s).
Mussel with Muscle^bo!floPhone$
Write the correct homophone from the word list under the picture thatillustrates its meaning. On the other line, write the matching homophone.
My Own Words
Draw pictures to illustrate the meanings of your own words.
Present a Presenthomographs
Fill in each blank with the correct homograph. Place an accent mark on theappropriate syllable of each homograph,
1. They had to
forcommiting another terrible crime.
2. A young
will oftenagainst parents or teachers.
3. I am
of myresearch paper.
4. The nasty
himmade him feel bad.
5. I will
myself to this
6. Someday, my parents will
me to get my driver's
7. The singer hopes to
a hit -
8. My mom will
if I throw this
9. We are expected to
ourselves with self-controland overall good
10. I will
her with a lovely
to touch that stinky
he is the guilty
In both categories below, write the six homographs that were not used. For each homograph, placean accent mark on the appropriate syllable.
My Own Words Place an accent mark on the syllable that is stressed.
Seeing Doubledouble consonants
Add the necessary letters to the double consonants to accurately spell thewords on the list and complete each short phrase.
10. --mm-- name
group 12. lover's - r._._ rr -13.
14. --rr ---- sound
15. -pp-_.._.--- end
16. -cc----- count
3. _ _ rr _ - _..,..,.,...._,_ day
5.._..,,,......,_ -- - 11 a program
nice7. - 8. - rr - -
- ss .,..
my 0" Words Separate your words into syllables and rewrite them below.
words ending in -ion
Determine the number of syllables of each word from the list and write it inthe correct category in alphabetical order.
My Own Words
List your own words in alphabetical orde
Arithmetician/Magicianwords ending in -clan 2)
All of the words from the list except one identify occupations. Research that word and write a shortdescription of your findings.
2 9 O g ti 3"V
Change each word from the list to a possessivenoun by adding an 's. Use the clues to write thecorrect possessive noun on each blank.
My Own Words
Make any of your own words that are nouns possessive by adding 's or s'.
Creative Native Cwords ending in -ive
Circle the two incorrect words in each sentence. Find replacements forthese words in the word list and write them in the blanks.
1. The detective tried to find a motion for the repulsion murder.
2. Susie is very expression and persuaded when she speaks.
3. My related wore an expenses leather coat to the mall.
4. The team used an impression defensely strategy in the game.
5. The fugition was a nation of Canada.
6. The impulsed child destroyed his creator artwork,
7. Because my skin is sensory, pulling the adhesion tape hurt.
8. Today, in math, we learned about position and negated numbers.
9. The offensly unit used exploded weapons to defeat its foe.
Change the meaning of your own words by adding a suffix. If youcannot add a suffix to a particular word, write DA (doesn't apply)
My Own Words
wards ending in -ityli,
Complete each phrase with a word from the list. Then check your answers.The words will appear in alphabetical order.1. Don't waste your
2, l l ive i n a
3.killed the cat.
4. The wealthy man's
helped thoseless fortunate.5. John has an