car maintenance & saving money
out of 37
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. I remember the first time I ever needed to do maintenance work on my vehicle.
- 2. This was a nightmare for me due to the fact that I didnt know how to do this kind of thing on my own, and would have to take my vehicle into the shop.
- 3. I did learn though that there are a number of ways to keep car maintenance down.
- 4. These include selecting a vehicle which has a reputation for high quality, or using high quality items when making repairs.
- 5. I would also like to share some additional details in how to save the average driver some money.
- 6. The ultimate selection of your vehicle maker feeds into the money efficiencies of your travels.
- 7. For instance, Honda and Toyota have a history of reliability, good gas mileage, and customer satisfaction.
- 8. However, later models, specifically the 2007 and maybe 2008 versions, include problems with squealing brake pads.
- 9. Reported by other driver complaints, returning the later models of the Nissan Altimas for fixes did not end well.
- 10. After very short amounts of time, the squealing arrived again.
- 11. Dealerships refused second repair visits in regard to that main issue, and they even denied refunds.
- 12. Basically, it remains very important to research a model before purchase.
- 13. Waiting before obtaining a particular fresh vehicle can give benefits in two ways, if not more: prices may decrease slightly and troubles with certain models can reveal themselves given the passage of time.
- 14. In my case, my brakes do not seem loud.
- 15. Driving when really necessary can assist with fuel costs.
- 16. This feature may seem obvious.
- 17. However, the Internet can produce an easy path of finding an inexpensive gasoline station.
- 18. Petrolprices.com gives results in such a manner.
- 19. In case you do not prefer that site, you can find others from Yahoo.com, Google.com, or even Bing.com.
- 20. Vehicle maintenance stands as perhaps one of the most classic of methods for ensuring its long life span.
- 21. An oil change roughly every three months, especially, need a place as a routine action.
- 22. A service garage may include a free check-up with an oil swap, checking for tire pressure and cleanliness of filters among other things.
- 23. I prefer a business named Kwik Kar, which have several locations covering Dallas and Fort Worth.
- 24. Usually, they offer a routine pass to evaluate any extra services they might offer.
- 25. Like any checkup, getting a secondary evaluation somehow to verify information stays valuable, just to serve as protection against an unnecessary up-sell.
- 26. Employees change, though, so trusting one tech over another can add to the requirement of another opinion on your vehicles state.
- 27. Throw caution towards tire inflation.
- 28. An improperly under-inflated tire decreases the efficiency of fuel consumption in your vehicle.
- 29. Too much inflation leads into the chance of a blowout.
- 30. So keep careful when adding air to a tire yourself.
- 31. Personally, in that type of situation, I like to resist any opportunity that may lead to using a spare.
- 32. Good tire inflation helps with cost effective commutes.
- 33. So there you have it.
- 34. A variety of more information can help with saving money when it comes to vehicles.
- 35. For instance, keeping cargo light preserves a decent mile per gallon ratio.
- 36. Depending on your insurance provider for your vehicle, defensive driving can reduce your insurance costs by up to 10%.
- 37. Thats part of the glory about learning ways to keep car maintenance down on the Internet.
View more >