Caffeine and the Brain
out of 11
Post on 23-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONLearn how caffeine is affecting your brain and how much is too much.
- C A F F E I N E A N D T H E B R A I N
- Q U I C K FA C T S More than 90% Americans consume caffeine everyday (in different forms) Of those 90%, over 50% consume greater than 300 mg (FDA Upper Limit) 20 - 30% of Americans consume 600 mg/day a very high dose
- MOST WIDELY CONSUMED STIMULANT DRUG IN THE WORLD TOO MANY PEOPLE START CONSUMING CAFFEINE AT AN EARLY AGE
- C A F F E I N E A N D YO U R N E U R OT R A N S M I T T E R S BLOCKS ADENOSINE FEEL ALERT INCREASE ADRENALINE RELEASE BOOST / WAKEFULNESS / PHYSICAL ENERGY DOPAMINE RELEASE FEEL PLEASURE / GOOD
- H O W C A F F E I N E A F F E C T S YO U R S L E E P
- U N F O R T U N AT E LY Caffeine prevents adenosine from eliciting drowsiness and can ruin a good nights sleep The Adenosine receptor is critical to deep sleep Physically you may fall asleep, but the body/brain does not fully regenerate. Sleep decit builds up and accumulates over time which may lead to serious health issues
- W H Y D O W E N E E D S L E E P ? It repairs muscle, replaces/ regenerates tissue, removes cellular wate and debris. It lowers energy consumption so we dont need to consume calories during sleep. It is essentially an energy saver for the body.
- H O W E V E R A L I T T L E C A F F E I N E I S G O O D T H I N G Benecial For Asthma Alleviates Headaches Can Prevent Cavities Improves Mood With An Increased Dopamine Release
- M O D E R AT E YO U R C A F F E I N E U S AG E Keep track of how much caffeine your taking. The FDA and AMA claim that 300 mg of caffeine is the upper limit of daily consumption. ! = 200 mg of caffeine ! Dont consume caffeine after 3pm 200 mg coffee at 3PM leaves 100 mg in human system at 9PM
- C O F F E E B L A C K A S H E L L , S T R O N G A S D E AT H , S W E E T A S L O V E . ! T U R K I S H P R O V E R B
View more >
[Food and Nutritional Components in Focus] Caffeine || Chapter 14. Caffeine and the Brain: An Overview
Fetal Brain injury Associated with Maternal Caffeine ... ? Caffeine absorption from the gastrointestinal
A simplified method for the measurement of caffeine in plasma and brain: evidence for a cortical-subcortical caffeine concentration differential in brain
Effects of Caffeine on Cognitive Tasks - CSJA) of Caffeine on Cognitive Tasks ... under the placebo/coffee condition. ... caffeine on the human brain and heart ...
Exploring the Effects of Caffeine and Glucose on jass.neuro.wisc.edu/2011/01/Exploring the Effects of Caffeine and...Exploring the Effects of Caffeine and Glucose on Cognitive ... The brain is the ... Short Term Memory Test The effects of caffeine and glucose on ...
Direct Delivery of Caffeine from Nose to Brain: The Effect ... Delivery of Caffeine from Nose to Brain: The Effect of Anesthesia on Caffeine Pharmacokinetics and Brain Distribution D. Inoue1, M. Hirao1, A. Tanaka2, K. Kusamori2, H. Katsumi2, A. Yamamoto2, T. Sakane3, T. Furubayashi1
Differential Effects of Caffeine on Dopamine and Acetylcholine Transmission in Brain Areas of Drug-naive and Caffeine-pretreated Rats
The Brain and Recovery - College of Continuing and ...ccpe. Brain and Recovery ... Entheogens/Hallucinogens Dissociants (PCP, Ketamine) Cannabinoids Inhalants Nicotine Caffeine ...