By: Sam Schumaker And Jonny Cross. Was ancient Greece a civilization? Ancient Greece was a civilization because they had stable food supply, the arts,
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- By: Sam Schumaker And Jonny Cross
- Slide 2
- Was ancient Greece a civilization? Ancient Greece was a civilization because they had stable food supply, the arts, religion, technology, government, social structure, and writing.
- Slide 3
- The Arts They had pictures of farmers. They constructed bowls for holding things. They built many sculptures of there gods.
- Slide 4
- Technology They had ships to travel and trade. They built columns in there temples.
- Slide 5
- Government They invented the democracy. They had councils for there democracy. They had a strong leader.
- Slide 6
- Social Structure They had a social class for slaves in Sparta Men and women were equal in Sparta. They had a social structure for women in Athens.
- Slide 7
- Religion They had myths about there religion. They had temples for their gods. Alexander the great honored the Egyptian and Persian gods just as much as the Greek gods. Alexander the great built temples for Egyptian and Persian gods. Alexander the great to accept him as the son of Zeus.
- Slide 8
- Stable Food Supply They invented earth steps so they could make the land flatter to farm. They had images of women gathering fruit. They had domesticated animals.
- Slide 9
- Writing In schools teachers taught Greek writing. They had poetry in Greek writing. They had many famous poets.
- Slide 10
- Was Ancient Greece an Empire? Ancient Greece was an empire because they had a main religion but other religions, they did not start from scratch, they built roads for trade, they declined for many reasons, they had strong leaders with strong armys, and they had deviled systems.
- Slide 11
- Did not start from scratch They started with colonies and eventually took over enough colonies to start an empire.
- Slide 12
- Had Established Religion and Others They worshipped gods and goddesses. They built temples for the gods and goddesses. They built statues of there gods and goddesses. They told myths about there gods and goddesses.
- Slide 13
- Strong leader with strong army Alexander the Great was there leader and was one of the best leader ever. They had a strong Athenian army.
- Slide 14
- Expanded Trade They traded things like olive oil and pottery for things like grain, timber, and metal. While they traded they traveled along the coastline because of the waters in the sea and they didnt have navigation.
- Slide 15
- Developed systems They had a democracy to make sure everybody followed the laws and make sure that everything was organized.
- Slide 16
- Decline/Fall Alexander the greats empire fell after he died and his tired army fell. There army got tired after fighting for 10 years.
View more >
Early Greece and the Bronze Age Ancient Greece. Greece – Bronze age Origins of civilization – Prehistory – History
Ancient Greek Civilization – Ancient Greece There are four (4) basic aspects to Greek Civilization that we will study, just as with all the other ancient
VERY ANCIENT GREECE MINOAN Civilization-Crete & other islands MYCENEAN Civilization – mainland Greece
ANCIENT AND CLASSICAL GREECE - cisd. ?· ANCIENT AND CLASSICAL GREECE CIVILIZATION COMES TO EUROPE .…
Ancient Greece and Western Civilization - Mr. Carlisle's Class for much of later Western Civilization
Ancient Greece study the Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations. Minoan Civilization Mycenaean Civilization
Chapter 2- Ancient Greece & Rome 2.1- Ancient Greece I.Early Greek Civilization II.The Polis: Center of Greek Life III.Sparta IV.Athens V.Classical Greece
Ancient Greece Ancient Greece. Ancient Greece was an ancient civilization belonging to a period of Greek history that lasted from the Archaic period of
Ancient Greece Origins of Western Civilization. Ancient Greece Time Line BRONZE AGE (3000-1150) c. 1650-1200 Mycenaean Civilization c. 1250-1220 “The