Building an Enterprise MDM Strategy
out of 25
Post on 05-Dec-2014
- 1. Building an enterprise MDM strategywith salesforce.comSrin Tangirala, salesforce.com, Sr. Director, CFL, Strategic ServicesStephen OHallorhan, salesforce.com, Sr. Technical Solution Architect, CFL, Strategic Services
- 2. Safe Harbor Safe harbor statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This presentation may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If any such uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions proves incorrect, the results of salesforce.com, inc. could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward- looking statements we make. All statements other than statements of historical fact could be deemed forward-looking, including any projections of product or service availability, subscriber growth, earnings, revenues, or other financial items and any statements regarding strategies or plans of management for future operations, statements of belief, any statements concerning new, planned, or upgraded services or technology developments and customer contracts or use of our services. The risks and uncertainties referred to above include but are not limited to risks associated with developing and delivering new functionality for our service, new products and services, our new business model, our past operating losses, possible fluctuations in our operating results and rate of growth, interruptions or delays in our Web hosting, breach of our security measures, the outcome of intellectual property and other litigation, risks associated with possible mergers and acquisitions, the immature market in which we operate, our relatively limited operating history, our ability to expand, retain, and motivate our employees and manage our growth, new releases of our service and successful customer deployment, our limited history reselling non-salesforce.com products, and utilization and selling to larger enterprise customers. Further information on potential factors that could affect the financial results of salesforce.com, inc. is included in our annual report on Form 10-Q for the most recent fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012. This documents and others containing important disclosures are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of our Web site. Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other presentations, press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make the purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
- 3. AgendaWhat is Master Data?What is Master Data Management?Integrating salesforce.com with MDM Typical integration patterns Demonstrations
- 4. What is Master Data?High value information that a company uses across the business landscape Sales & Mktg Vendor & Materials Order & Channel Manufacturing & Employee Operations Management Management Inventory Mgmt Management LOCATION PRODUCT CUSTOMER ORDER LOCATION PRODUCT CUSTOMER LOCATION CUSTOMER ORDER PRODUCT LOCATION CUSTOMER ORDER PRODUCT ORDER Cloud Computing Application Legacy Unstructured Third Party Data
- 5. What is Master Data Management?MDM is a discipline in which the business and the IT organization work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy,semantic persistence, stewardship and accountability of the enterprises official, shared master data assets. -Gartner Sales & Mktg Vendor & Materials Order & Channel Manufacturing & Employee Operations Management Management Inventory Mgmt Management MDM Process Collect Transform Enrich Standardize Persist LOCATION PRODUCT CUSTOMER ORDER LOCATION PRODUCT CUSTOMER LOCATION CUSTOMER ORDER PRODUCT LOCATION CUSTOMER ORDER PRODUCT ORDER Cloud Computing Application Legacy Unstructured Third Party Data
- 6. Key Business Drives for MDM Mitigate risk and fraudGovernance and Compliance with corporate standards and policiesCompliance Provide accurate & consistent customer information through all channels at all touchStreamline pointsOperations Reduce account setup time and reduce/eliminate duplicate dataImprove customer Provide 360 degree customer viewInteractions Increase cross sale and up sale success
- 7. Typical salesforce.com Interactions with MDM MDM Search before createPage Layouts /RecordTypes Receive adds/updates from API APIValidation Rules masterOutboundMessagingApex Callout Send adds/updates to masterVisual Force Mashups
- 8. Integration patternsPattern Example Scenario Interaction with MDMSynchronous - UI Integration Custom link to MD system to administer data which Search before create triggers updates back into Salesforce. Uses SOAP/REST APISynchronous - Web service Visualforce page which calls a Search API on MD Search before createintegration system which finds and triggers updates back into Salesforce. Uses Apex+VF+SOAP/REST APIAsynchronous Web Record update is Salesforce triggers a process in MD Send adds/updates toservice integration system to identify or create a record and update back master Salesforce. Uses outbound messaging + SOAP/REST API. Alternatives to OBM, @futures, Batch Apex.Asychronous Batch Daily changes synchronized. Uses Bulk API. Receive adds/updates fromIntegration master
- 9. Demo and integration flows
- 10. Demo Context Account Customer API API Middleware MDM System
- 11. MDM ScenariosA Salesperson has an opportunity and she cant find the account in Salesforce.What process do we follow?A.Create the record Salesforce and reconcile it with the MDM System afterwardsB.Create on the MDM System and synchronizes it back to Salesforce?C.Search before create with a Mashup of MDM search and create APIs?D.The MDM data is changing all the time from other systems how do we keepSalesforce up to date?
- 12. Solution ASend adds/updates to master Account Customer SOAP Message MDM System & API Middleware API SOAP / REST API
- 13. Solution A Send adds/updates to master New Prospect account created Record locked down with validation / page layouts Outbound message sent Record synchronized and changed to a Customer. Now ready to use and creator notified via workflow.Message received, parsed, stored & MD Id sent back in update
- 14. Solution ASend adds/updates to masterSending data change requests to MDM SystemEasy - configuration only in SalesforceIntegration Options: Outbound: Oubound Messaging, Apex Callouts Inbound: REST API, SOAP API, REST Bulk API
- 15. Solution BReceive add/updates from master UI Account Customer MDM System & API API Middleware SOAP / REST API
- 16. Solution BReceive adds/updates from master MDM System entry screenNew account custom button in salesforce MDM record created / published Upsert the new record to Salesforce and store Id Identifiers paired
- 17. Solution BReceive add/updates from masterCentralized data control and validationLightweight integration on UI layerConsiderations: Sign On Mobile Support
- 18. Solution CSearch before create VF/Apex Customer Apex WS Callout Account API MDM System & API Middleware SOAP / REST API
- 19. Solution CSearch before createSearch before create visualforce page Search API for MDM System Apex Callout to request an MDM account Retrieve and Upsert the MDM account Account created
- 20. Solution CSearch before createVisibility into MDM storeAccess to get dataSeemless UI
- 21. Solution DReceive adds/updates from master Other Operational Systems Customer Account API API MDM System & Middleware Scheduled Job & Bulk API
- 22. Solution DReceive adds/updates from master Nightly schedule job to retrieve changes and send via the Bulk API MDM System Middleware CSV file extract Bulk Data Jobs processed asynchronously in salesforce
- 23. Solution DReceive adds/updates from masterEfficiently synchronize LDVScheduled JobBulk API
- 24. ResourcesSource code on github: https://github.com/sohalloran/MDM-Demo-App Get started with a Developer org, Heroku and MongoDB.For Enterprise Middleware products check out the AppExchange.
View more >
72% an advanced MDM approach 59% cloud MDM strategy ?· In this digital age, enterprise data is growing…
webMethods OneData: MDM Core Concepts and White Paper webMethods OneData: MDM Core Concepts and Functionality An Overview of Capabilities for an Enterprise MDM Strategy Charles Greenberg
MDM for ??Master Data Management for Manufacturing Enterprise Master Data Management Christopher Dwight Director MDM Field Strategy @
Georgia DCH Medicaid Enterprise Data Management Strategy Medicaid...DCH Medicaid Enterprise Data Management Strategy ... DCH Medicaid Enterprise Data Management Strategy ... How is data transformed by MDM? ...
RFI Template for Enterprise MDM Solutions - Template for Enterprise MDM Solutions. MDM SOLUTION ... A secure mobile device management solution is an integral part
TRANSPORTATION & MOBILITY AN ENTERPRISE STRATEGY ?· transportation & mobility an enterprise strategy…
MDM for the Enterprise: Complementing and extending your ... ?· MDM for the Enterprise: Complementing…
Global Material Master Data Management at Merck Toolkits/The SAP...MDM strategy: “Building up and mobilizing corporate MDM strategy” The future MDM strategy has been developed and aligned with business priorities and stakeholders.
webMethods OneData: MDM Core Concepts and g1. White Paper webMethods OneData: MDM Core Concepts and Functionality An Overview of Capabilities for an Enterprise MDM