blog.wsd. viewGlogs by number. What do you like ... What is your favorite fast food and why do you like it? Why, in your opinion, ... If you could change the world, what would you do?
Post on 28-May-2018
Embed Size (px)
Glogs by number
1. What do you like about coming back to school? What do you dislike?
2. What would your dream vacation be? Describe it in detail.
3. If you could be famous, what would you be famous for? Why?
4. If you could have three wishes, what would they be? (and no wishing for more wishes)
5. What does it mean to you to be patriotic?
6. Describe a memorable camping trip. Where did you go? What made it great/horrible?
7. Have you ever been lost? What was the situation, how did you feel that moment you realized you were lost?
8. What is your favorite fast food and why do you like it?
9. Why, in your opinion, do schools put so much time and money into sports programs?
10. Should we, as a nation, allow people from other countries to immigrate here? Under what circumstances?
a. Choose one of the above topics and write a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
11. From what you have learned, describe the events of 9/11. Why do you think it happened?
12. If you could drive any car, what would it be? Why?
13. If you could invent something, what would it be? Why that?
14. What is the best movie you have seen lately? What made it good?
15. Your plane crash lands on a tropical island. How would you survive?
16. Today is mid-term. How are your grades? Are they as good as you thought? What can be done to improve?
17. If you could have any super-power, what would it be?
18. What does it mean to be prejudice? Are you?
19. How do you know when someone is a true friend? What are some things they do?
20. Why do you think dystopian novels are so popular right now? (The Hunger Games, Maze Runner, etc.)
b. Choose one the above topics from #11 to #20 and write a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
21. Describe your bedroom.
22. If you could transform into any kind of animal, what would it be? Why?
23. Assume your mom is a character in a book, how would the author describe her?
24. What was the last nice thing you did for another person? Explain the situation.
25. Why is writing so important? Why do I make such a big deal about it?
26. If you could witness any scene in history, what would it be?
27. Describe your dream bedroom.
28. Are parent-teacher conferences worthwhile? What do you like/hate about them?
29. What attributes make for a good book?
30. Do you play an instrument? Do you wish you did? What would it take to play well?
c. Choose one of the above topics from #21 to #30 and write a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
31. What do you think about the upcoming election? Who do you hope to win? Why?
32. If the school could have any other facilities what would you like to see? Pool? Tennis courts? Etc.
33. Why do we glorify war (movies, games, T.V.) when the reality of it is so awful?
34. What are you going to do (did you do) for Fall break?
35. What is the most important thing you have done?
36. Are you too old to dress up for Halloween? What age should you stop trick-or-treating?
37. What college do you want to go to? Why?
38. Do you hunt? Do you think it is bad?
39. What is your favorite Olympic event, why?
40. If crazed diaper wearing monkeys from Kimberly Clark invaded the school, what would you do?
d. Choose one of the above topics from #31 to #40 and write for a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
41. Why do people make such a big deal about Halloween?
42. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
43. What is your favorite pet? Why?
44. Who would win in a battle between Batman and Ironman?
45. Do you think parents are power hungry maniacs who love discipline?
46. Do you like spicy food? What is your favorite?
47. If you had to lose any one of your 5 senses which would it be? Why that one?
48. How many kids do you want to have? Why that number?
49. If you could haunt anyone, who would it be?
50. Have you ever met anyone famous? Who was it? What was it like?
e. Choose one of the above topics from #41 to #50 and write for a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
51. If you could go to any sporting event, what would it be? Why?
52. What is the scariest thing you have done? Why was it so scary?
53. What was the best thing you did over the break?
54. If you could choose any movie to be reality, what would it be? Which character would you be?
55. If you could change the world, what would you do?
56. What do you think about the book we are currently reading in class?
57. Apple or PC, which is better, why?
58. Are you one who does Christmas shopping early or late? Why?
59. Describe the plot of the best book you have ever read.
60. Detail the process of an activity you like to do.
f. Choose one of the above topics from #51 to #60 and write for a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
61. Who was the meanest teacher you have ever had? Why were they so mean?
62. If you could have a personalized license plate for your life what would it be? Why? (Any combination of seven letters and numbers) Lordv8r
63. Should students be given a laptop computer when entering junior high?
64. Write about anything that is bothering you right now.
65. Where do you stand on gun control? Why do you take that position?
66. Write your obituary.
67. What does it take to be a true hero?
68. What is your favorite restaurant, and what do you order there? Why do you like it?
69. What is your favorite Summer time activity? Why do you like to do that?
70. What gifts are you most excited to give?
g. Choose one of the above topics from #61 to #70 and write for a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
71. When you are sad, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
72. What goals will you set for yourself for next year?
73. What would you do if you were shrunk down to the size of an ant?
74. What is the worst you have ever injured yourself or injured someone else?
75. What is your favorite flower, why?
76. If you could choose an animal to be gored by, what animal would it be?
77. If you could date anyone, who would it be? Why?
78. What are some study habits you could create to have better grades?
79. Do you think violent video games create violent people?
80. What is the right age to get a cell phone/smart phone? Why?
h. Choose one of the above topics from #71 to #80 and write for a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
81. If your life were a video game, what game would it be?
82. If you were thrown into prison for being you, what would you do?
83. Name 5 things that we learned during the first semester.
84. Why marijuana illegal; and alcohol is not?
85. If you could switch families with your best friend, how would it be different? How would it be the same? What would you prefer?
86. Why is pink preferred by girls and blue for boys? Is that what you think is should be?
87. List all of the classroom procedures you can think of. Why are procedures important?
88. If you looked up while taking a test and your best friend was cheating off of your paper, what would you do? How would you feel?
89. What is your first school memory? What were you doing? What were your emotions?
90. Have you ever been unprepared for an assignment, test or presentation? How did you get through it? Relate the experience.
i. Choose one of the above topics from #81 to #90 and write for a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
91. Recall a positive childhood experience. What made it so great? Who was involved? Why do you still remember it?
92. Last night, while watching T.V. I heard a soft knock at the door (finish the story)
93. What would you do with a million dollars?
94. Describe a time when hard work paid off.
95. What is the most memorable event of last year; you may write or draw a picture of it.
96. How do you think your parents views would change if they could live one day in your life?
97. What is the biggest lie anyone has ever told you?
98. You are a 53 year old woman living in Chicago, write a letter to Santa.
99. Write a rap song and include information about a cop, your homies and a dog.
100. If you have done this assignment correctly you should have 25 pages of written material. What have you learned? Are you a better writer? Thinker? Can you express yourself better?
J. Choose one of the above topics from #91 to #100 and write for a full page expanding your thoughts and ideas.
I. Choose one of the above topics labeled from a to j and write for two full pages about the topic you have chosen.
101. Write a story that ends with the line, And this is the room where it happened.
102. A four-year-old child is afraid of the dark. Write about what you would tell them so they wouldnt be afraid.
103. Write your own Back to the Future moment. Describe how your parents met. IF you dont know, make something up.
104. What are 5 things that always get you in trouble, Why?
105. You are a camp counselor. Make up a story that will scare the bejeezus out of your eight to ten year old campers.
106. What are you afraid of?
107. Write the meanings of there, their and theyre. Write a sentence for each
108. Your best friend has been bli