BlackBerry BBM Enterprise Alerts Operator Guide ?· 1. On your device, open BBM Enterprise. 2. In the…
Post on 16-Mar-2019
Embed Size (px)
BlackBerry AtHoc Networked Crisis Communication
BBM Enterprise Alerts Operator GuideVersion 1.0, September 2018
Copyright 2018 BlackBerry Limited. All Rights Reserved.This document may not be copied, disclosed, transferred, or modified without the prior written consent of BlackBerry Limited. While all content is believed to be correct at the time of publication, it is provided as general purpose information. The content is subject to change without notice and is provided as is and with no expressed or implied warranties whatsoever, including, but not limited to, a warranty for accuracy made by BlackBerry Limited. The software described in this document is provided under written license only, contains valuable trade secrets and proprietary information, and is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use of software or its documentation can result in civil damages and criminal prosecution.
TrademarksTrademarks, including but not limited to ATHOC, EMBLEM Design, ATHOC & Design and the PURPLE GLOBE Design are the trademarks or registered trademarks of BlackBerry Limited, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, used under license, and the exclusive rights to such trademarks are expressly reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Users are not permitted to use these marks without the prior written consent of AtHoc or such third party which may own the mark.
This product includes software developed by Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com).
This product includes software developed by Intel (http://www.intel.com).
This product includes software developed by BroadCom (http://www.broadcom.com).
All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
PatentsThis product includes technology protected under patents and pending patents.
BlackBerry Solution License Agreementhttps://us.blackberry.com/legal/blackberry-solution-license-agreement
Contact InformationBlackBerry AtHoc
2988 Campus Drive, Suite 100
San Mateo, CA 94403
ContentsCHAPTER 2: WHAT IS BBM ENTERPRISE ALERTS? II
Share critical safety information during a crisis ii
CHAPTER 3: SIGN IN TO BBM ENTERPRISE III
CHAPTER 4: SEND AN ALERT TO BBM ENTERPRISE IVDefine content for an alert ivTarget users vTarget groups vTarget individual users viTarget by location viiTarget users by advanced query viiSelect the BBM device viiiConfigure the schedule viii
CHAPTER 5: VIEW THE DETAILS OF A SENT ALERT IX
CHAPTER 6: BLACKBERRY ATHOC CUSTOMER PORTAL XI
Chapter 2: What is BBM Enterprise Alerts?With BlackBerry BBM Enterprise Alerts, BBM Enterprise users can use BBM-E as the main experience for all organization communication, including crisis communications.
BlackBerry BBM Enterprise Alerts has the following use cases:
l Alerts: During an emergency, organizations can target communications to all or a subset of their users with secure, fast, reliable, and prominent communication.
l Account: During and after an emergency, organizations can collect information from their user base.
Share critical safety information during a crisisBBM Enterprise Alerts is powered by BlackBerry AtHoc, a recognized leader in crisis communication. BBM Enterprise alerts provides the following benefits:
l Track the safety status of your personnel.
l Leverage secure and trusted chat from BBM E for sharing important safety information with employees.
l Conform to high-security government communication standards for sharing critical confidential information.
l Distinguish critical alerts from operational messages with a differentiated in-product experience.
l Improve your incident response and collaboration during weather-related events, man-made emergencies, and critical IT outages.
Chapter 3: Sign in to BBM Enterprise
Chapter 3: Sign in to BBM EnterpriseAfter you download and install BBM Enterprise on your device, complete the following steps to sign in:
1. On your device, open BBM Enterprise.
2. In the lower-right corner of the screen, tap Sign In. 3. Enter your BlackBerry ID email address and password.
4. Click Sign in. 5. (Optional) Customize the device name and description.
6. (Optional) Set this device as your primary BBM Enterprise device.
7. Click Continue.
Chapter 4: Send an alert to BBM Enterprise
Chapter 4: Send an alert to BBM EnterpriseTo send an alert to BBM Enterprise, complete the following steps:
1. Log in to the BlackBerry AtHoc management system as a user with alert publishing permissions.
2. In the navigation bar, click Alerts > New Alert. 3. Click Create a Blank Alert. The New Alert screen opens. 4. Select or enter values in each of the following sections:
l Define content for an alert
l Target users
l Select the BBM device
l Configure the schedule
5. Click Review and Publish. The Review and Publish screen opens. 6. Review the content in all sections of your alert.
7. Click Publish.
Define content for an alertThe Content section is used to define the key parts of an alert in the BlackBerry AtHoc system: the title, the body, the type, and any response options, website links, attachments, or location details that are relevant.
To add content to your alert, complete the following steps:
1. (Optional) If you are creating an alert in a language other than the default language displayed on the screen, click the button next to the Severity field and select the language from the list that appears. Note that this does not change the language displayed on the screen. Instead, it changes the language that the message is delivered in.
2. In the Severity field, select the severity level from the list. 3. In the Title field, enter a one-line summary that communicates the purpose of the alert. There
is a 100 character maximum in this field. The title is required and displays at the top of the recipients' screen when the alert is sent out.
4. (Optional) If you want to insert a placeholder in the alert title, click the (Expand) icon and select the placeholder.
5. In the Body field, enter up to 4000 characters of text that communicate why the alert has been sent and provide instructions to the target audience.
For more details on what to include in the Body field, see "Writing effective alert messages" in the BlackBerry AtHoc Enterprise User Guide.
6. In the Type field, select the type that fits with the alert you are creating.
BlackBerry BBM Enterprise Alerts Operator Guide
7. In the Response Options field, click the Add Response Option link to define one or more responses that alert recipients can send to let you know that they have received the message.
8. (Optional) If you want to insert a placeholder into the Response Options field, click the (Expand) icon and select the placeholder.
9. (Optional) In the More Info Link field, enter a URL that opens a Web page where users can go to get more details about the alert when it is sent out. When users receive the alert, a For Further Information link will take them to the Web page.
10. (Optional) If you entered a URL in the previous step, click the Test URL link to verify that the link works correctly.
11. (Optional) In the Location field, click the Add button to access a map on which you can designate a geographic area for the alert. For more information, see the "Select an alert location" section of the BlackBerry AtHoc Enterprise User Guide.
12. When you are done, go to the Target users section and configure the fields in it.
Target usersThe Target Users section allows you to identify the users you want to send an alert to or block from receiving the alert. As you create an alert, users can be identified based on their names, attributes, roles, group memberships, distribution list memberships, or physical locations.
Targeting basicsThe following general targeting information can be used to plan how you target recipients for different types of alerts.
User-based targeting provides a variety of ways to select users: l By GroupsTarget users who belong to one or more groupswhich can be defined as
organizations, shared attributes, or distribution listsselected by the operator.
l By UsersTarget individual users. l By Advanced QueryTarget users based on standard or user attributes or delivery
devices. Select this option to perform customized, on-the-fly targeting for an alert.
l By LocationTarget users based on their geographical location.
The administrator can restrict the organizational nodes and distribution lists that each publisher can access. As a result, a publisher might be able to target only a fraction of the total available organizations and distribution lists.
Target groupsYou can use the By Groups tab to target groups of users based on their membership in organizational hierarchical nodes or distribution lists. The alert is sent to users in the selected groups.
You can also block recipient groups (exclude them from alert delivery).
The Group target categories displayed are:
Chapter 4: Send an alert to BBM Enterprise
l Organizational HierarchyIf your system is set up for them l Distribution ListsStatic and dynamic l Targetable AttributesAny a