balls, ballots, bollywood - bollywood section
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFilms Round from Balls, Ballots, Bollywood; http://notesandstones.blogspot.com/2008/10/oct-2008-open-morning-quiz-balls.html
- 1.Bollywood Scheme 1 st4 5 pts written (name, place, animal, thing) Next 12 10 - passing Last 2 10 team nomineeAnswers at the end! Image credit:http:// www.flickr.com/photos/meanestindian /
2. Note1. This is a quiz on Indian Politics, Hindi Films, and Indian Cricket. 2. This quiz was conducted on Oct 12, 2008 under the aegis of the BCQC by J. Ramanand. 8. License Note: you are free to share and reuse these questions provided you clearly attribute the questions to the author. In particular, the facts in these questions are in the public domain but in the case where you are re-using the framing of the question, the author requests the courtesy of due credit! 3. Q01 Identify film 4. Q02 Identify film 5. Q03 Identify director 6. Q04 Identify brand name on box 7. (this question is spread over three slides) As a child, he took part in a high jump competition and won. This incident inspired a short story called High Jump. This person also painted (Examples in the next slide). Q05 8. Q05 9. Q05 Connect the missingperson in this family tree to the person/incident/story mentioned in the previous two slides Guru Dutt Shivshankar and Vasanthi Atmaram ? (m. Gopalkrishna) Kalpana Devdas 10. Q06 Dilip Kumar on meeting X said that Xs words contain an odour of daal-chaawal Pricked by this, X learnt Urdu and later used it with great fluency and command. Who? 11. (paraphrased video question) A scene from Manorama 6 Feet Under in which Abhay Deol is watching an English film. Which film? Q07 12. Q08 (Paraphrased Video Clip) The beginning of Vishal Bhardwajs Maqbool shows Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, and X talking about the encounter of NaaTaa.Connect X and the film above 13. (paraphrased video question) An end credit sequence of a film The last frame shown has: Other Students Senior: Shah Rukh Khan Which National Award winning actors name appears in the next set of credits? Q09 14. This Vasant Desai film song has two versions: solo and chorus It is now sung by the Bharat Scouts and Guides in a modified form The subject of the modified song has been changed to Baden Powell. Which famous song? Q10 15. This pairs only collaboration was Sadma They are now working together for a film called S.R.K (begun in 2008) Who? Q11 16. Person 1 1973 Dadasaheb Phalke Award Person 2 1983 Dadasaheb Phalke Award Person 3 First FF award: playing Madhumita and Vaishnavi Common in 1953, 1960, 2008 respectively Identify all three Q12 17. Q13 Best Supporting Actress FF nomination Goonj Uthi Shehnai 1959 Other well-known films: Sanjog, Sampoorna Ramayan, Aradhana, Sharmeelee, Anand Ashram, Dekh Kabira Roya, Kavi Kalidas, Sangeet Samrat Tansen Best known work:Involved two weeks of shooting Each day, she would eat only after finishing shooting Who or (more importantly) What is her best known work? 18. Opening credits of a film is accompanied by the song chaah bha.nvar trishnaa / nii.nd na aaye (the visuals show the interior of a jail and sounds of locking up) The story was written by Pooja Ladha Surti. The well-known singer rarely performs for films, but incidentally had sung for a film released in late 2008. Identify singer and film. Q14 19. Single Heroes 20. Q15 Connect 21. Goonj Uthi Shehnai Dhool ka Phool Kanoon Sasuraal Dil Ek Mandir Ayee Milan ki Bela ArzooSurajThese are some of the films why R.K.Tulli came to be known as '_____' ______ Q16 22.
- Hyderabad Blues
- Raj Kumar Kohli (Nagin, later Jaani Dushman)
- Chamko (powder) from Chasm-e-baddoor
- Akira Kurosawa grew up with learning difficulties and was mentored by a teacher to win the high jump; he later realised his artistic talents. Amole Gupte wrote the story based on this incident. This later evolved into Taare Zameen Par. Lalitha Lajmi, sister of Guru Dutt, appears as the art contest judge in the film.
- Lata Mangeshkar
- Chinatown which inspired Manorama
- Abbas Tyrewala; Ranvir Shoreys character in No Smoking was called Abbas Tyrewala, and Abbas Tyrewala, who co-wrote Maqbool, appears in the opening scene.
- Manoj Bajpai; the film is In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones
- Ae Malik Tere Bande Hum (Do Aankhen Baaraah Haath)
- Gulzar and Ilaiyaraja
- Sulochana a.k.a Ruby Myers; Durga Khote; Aishwarya Rai (all played Jodha in films)
- This is Anita Guha who played the eponymous Jai Santoshi Maa
- Pandit Jasraj; Vikram Bhatts 1920
- The protagonists are all cartoonists (Mr and Mrs. 55, Hum Tum, Baaton Baaton Mein)
- Jubilee Kumar (Rajendra Kumar)