back to school night 2011
Post on 28-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONCopy of our Back-to-School Night Presentation from September 21, 2011
- 1. September 21, 2011 Welcome to Back-To-School Night 2011
2. Why Are We Here? 3. Why Are We Here? 4. Burlington High SchoolMission Statement Burlington High School prepares students for lifelong learning and responsible citizenship by offering a challenging, relevant curriculum and varied activities in a safe environment. 5. Points of Pride
- Our 1:1 iPad Initiative
- 95% of Classes of 2007-2011 have gone on to Post-Secondary Education
- Extensive Co-curricular offerings
- Extensive Advanced Placement Course Selection
- 100% of Class of 2011 passed MCAS
- Web-based Guidance Information Management System
- Over 150 students during the past two years have had the opportunity totake courses which will yield college credit
- Growing partnerships with local colleges (Middlesex Community College)
- Virtual High School opportunities
6. What Do We Want For Our Students?
- From the ASCD Whole Child Blog:
- Is each of our kids healthy? Safe? Engaged? Supported? Challenged?
- How do we (as adults committed to student success) know?
- What have we done to make it so?
- What have we taught them to keep it so?
7. Burlington High Points of Pride
- Our Staff, Students, and Community Support!!!!
8. Burlington High Points of Pride Some concrete examples: Becoming a 1:1 School National and Regional Recognition Meet our new staff members 9. What Else Would You Like To Know About BHS? Please ask any questions on the BHS Principals Blog on the post on tonight's event. Or call my cellphone 339 234-1673 Or e-mail at[email_address] 10. Staying Connected To BHS Communication This Year At BHS - A Few Ways To Stay In Touch