out of 14
Post on 29-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTHIS PPT CONTAINS ALL THE NECESSARY DETAILS NEEDED TO CONSTRUCT A BABA SUIT.
- BABY FROCK INTRODUCTION This is garment worn by girls of age groups 3 and more. It is also called A-line frock. It is worn in summer.
- FLAT PATTERN
- MEASUREMENTS REQUIRED
- Back width=9
- Back waist length=9
- Frock length=18
- Short sleeve length=4.5
- Lower arm circumference=8
- Full sleeve length=13
- Wrist circumference=5.5
- Waist to hip=4
- FABRIC REQUIREMENT Fabric width=36 A-Line frock: Frock length+5=23 A-Line frock with sleeve and collar: Frock length+sleeve length+6=28.5 Frock with plain bodice, gathered skirt, peterpan collar and puff sleeve: Twice frock length+sleeve length+9=49.5
- FABRIC TYPE
- DRAFTING PROCEDURE
- BASIC BODICE
- Construct rectangle ABCD with the following measurements
- AB=1/4(chest + 5 ease allowance) =6.25
- AD=BC=back waist length+1/2.
- Mark AG=1/2 back width=4.5
- AF=1/12 Chest
- AJ=1/12 chest+1/4= AF+1/4
- Connect HF with a bold line as shown. This is the back neck line.
- Connect JF with dotted line as shown. This is the front neck line.
- Connect FK with a straight line. This is the shoulder seam.
- Mark BL=1/4 chest=5
- Draws GO parallel to and equal to BL.
- Mark KX=1/3 KO and XY=1/2.
- Connect KXL as shown with a bold line. This is the back armscye line.
- Mark CM=1/2.connect LM. This is the side seam.
- BABY FROCK
- This is adopted from the bodice pattern as below.
- Trace the basic front bodice pattern on a large sheet of
- paper and label it as JFKLMD.
- Extend the center front line JD till T taking DT=skirt length.
- Draw TT1=L1L+1 to 1.5 depending on the flare required.
- Connect LT1 with a straight line.
- Mark LU=L1T.
- Connect TU as shown for hem line.
- If you desire to have shaping near the waistline, connect
- MU and take LMU as the side seam.
- SEAM ALLOWANCE:
- Leave for neckline and collar
- Leave 3 for skirt hem
- Leave 1 for sleeve hem.
- Leave for all other seams
- CONSTRUCTION PROCEDURE
- Join shoulder seams
- Finish placket opening at the back
- Finish the neckline with shaped facing
- Finish the side seams
- Finish bottom hem
- LAY OUT
- THANK YOU
View more >