Art of Presenting yourself
out of 24
Post on 01-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONIts a file giving a direction as to HOW TO PRESENT YOURSELF
- 1. Art of Presenting Yourself!!! CA. Deepak Rajdev
- 2. Need- Modern day managers and professionals routinely come across the situations that demand them to speak / presenting themselves in front of large gathering of people. They might be making a presentation, explaining strategies to their business colleagues, conducting training or simply explaining any subject matter. Thus, presenting yourself amongst others is an important aspect of ones personality.
- 3. Objective-
- By the end of the session, you will be able to know:-
- Identify the key principles of preparing and delivering a presentation; and
- review presentations as a part of the feedback process for continuous improvement.
- 4. What is the Value of a Presentation???
- Provide information to audience.
- Gain support on an issue.
- Provide forum for focused
- 5. Types of Presentations-
- Internal Presentations
- Formal rollout of significant procedures as set out by HO;
- Results of the business; (Stores and Business)
- Major Announcements;
- Significant policy changes;
- Team talks.
- External Presentations
- Meetings with Government officials;
- Liasoning with various authorities;
- Seminars / Conferences
- 6. Presentation Process- Follow - Up on Next Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Cycle model of a Presentation
- 7. Plan- Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Purpose Audience Analysis Select Appropriate Media Tools and other arrangements Select Presentation Type
- 8. Purpose-
- Understanding the purpose is very important and on the basis of the same, one can decide the form:
- Informative presentation;
- Persuasive presentation;
- Entertaining presentation (Not a part of business presentation)
- 9. Analysis of the Audience
- The purpose is to match the presentation type to the Audience One 2 one.
- Analysis of the audience is to be made considering their characteristics-
- Education & Knowledge;
- Geographical influence.
- 10. Selecting the suitable type-
- Type whatsoever is to be selected should have a definite structure or format with a view to generate the desired result. If the ideas are not well established / defined, the audience will not be able to follow the same.
- Sequential arguments;
- Hierarchical decomposition.
- 11. Select Appropriate Media- Media Audience Size One-on- One Small Meeting Medium Meeting Large Meeting Large Audience Paper Copy Flip Charts/ Whiteboard LCD Projectors
- 12. Tools and other arrangements-
- Do one need to organise:
- Slide projector and screen?
- Music / Speakers?
- 13. Do- Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Carry Out The Agenda Deliver the Presentation Other attributes Presenting in a timely manner avoiding fear Conduct Audience Analysis Select Appropriate Media Tools and other arrangements Select Presentation Type
- 14. Carry out the Agenda-
- Agenda is the Subject matter for which the whole event or the presentation is being organised / planned. It needs to be defined very clearly and presented initially .
- Content should not have too many messages It will bring more clarity and avoid confusion.
- 15. Delivery-
- Delivery denotes the performance to explain to the intended recipients the subject matter (agenda).
- Structure the content into sequential ideas;
- Follow INVERTED PYRAMID structure.
- 16. Delivery-
- Influencing Rapport with the Audience. It includes considering:
- Presenters distance with the audience;
- Presenters dress code relative to the environment formal OR informal;
- Volume of the speaker;
- Pace of delivery.
- 17. Delivery-
- Using slides through the projectors to convey the idea. It includes considering:
- Place screen at a convenient place;
- Keep slides to a minimum;
- Dont overload the slides with lot of information;
- Background and layout.
- 18. Other attributes-
- Individual Eye contact is very important
- Make eye contact with one member on the audience.
- Complete a sentence or thought.
- Break eye contact and move to another person.
- Timeliness is a must.
- 19. Other Attributes Fear???
- F False
- E Evidences
- A Appearing
- R Right..
- 20. Other Attributes Overcome Fear!!!
- Recognise your fear;
- Visualise your strengths;
- Personal aspects-
- Confidence in yourself;
- Strategies before the presentation-
- Practice beforehand prepare & rehearse;
- Get feedback from the colleagues;
- Notice and observe the surroundings and make yourself familiar with the same.
- 21. Review- Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Carry Out The Agenda Deliver the Presentation Other attributes Presenting in a timely manner avoiding fear Conduct Audience Analysis Select Appropriate Media Tools and other arrangements Select Presentation Type Debrief Immediately Publish next steps Follow - Up on Next Steps Incorporate Benefits and Concerns in Next Meeting Plan Identify Next Steps Identify if Objectives Met Learn from Others Next Steps Next Steps Next Steps Next Steps
- 22. Reviewing the Presentation-
- Identify the next steps to be taken.
- Did you achieve your objective?
- Seek feedback from the audience on message/style.
- Define what worked well/not so well.
- Agree and record what you would have to follow in the future.
- Learn from others.
- 23. Recap-
- Introduction Talking about what you are going to tell them;
- Body / Content - Tell them;
- Summary Talking about the GIST of the session i.e what you have already told them.
- 24. Issues/Discussion? You can contact at 98276 33797 OR mail at rajdev [email_address]
View more >
Strategies for Presenting Yourself Well on Scholarship ...phillips- ? Strategies for Presenting Yourself