Are Location Services Adding Value To Incident Management
Post on 24-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Location Services: Adding valueto Incident Management? MSc Dissertation Paul J.M. Jonk June 20 th , 2008
2. Allways and everywhere information Overview
- Why this research?
- What Research Aim / Objectives
- What is Incident Management (IM + )?
- What are Location Services (LS)?
- How: Methodology
- - Questionnaire
- - Statistic Analysis
2/12 3. Why this research?3/12 4. Research Aim: to explore and to model the acceptance and usage behavior factors of the Dutch Road inspectors of Location Services with Incident Management . Research Aim / Objectives 4/12 Objectives: What factors do influence the adoption ofLocation Services with Incident Managementby the Dutch highway authority ? 5. Incident Management (IM+) Incident Management is the entirety of measures that are intended to clear the road for traffic as quickly as possible after an incident has happened . (Rijkswaterstaat VCNL ,2005) 5/12 Cooperation with other emergency services:(KLPD, ANWB, Fire Brigade, Ambulance etc.) 6. Location Services UMTS/GPRS Telemetric Services Location Services (LS)12 Allways and everywhere information 6/12 7.
- Pull Information Service
- Push / Trigger Services
- Tracking & Tracing Services
Location Services (LS)22 7/12 AttentionTraffic jam in approx. 5 km. 8. Methodology:Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) 8/12 (F.D. Davis, 1985, adapted by P.Jonk) 9. Results:Statistics 9/12 FrequenciesAge * Education Cross tabulation Total 20 - 24 0 0 2 1 3 25 - 29 1 0 9 0 10 30 - 34 0 0 12 1 13 35 - 39 1 3 19 1 24 40 - 44 1 6 23 1 31 45 - 49 2 3 11 1 17 50 - 54 0 4 8 1 13 55 - 59 0 2 11 0 13 amount Education Middelbare school LBO MBO HBO Age 55 - 60 0 1 1 0 2 Total 5 19 96 6 126 Correlations 10. Results:Inter/Construct Correlation 10/12 Affect on Intention to Use Real-time Information Speed (network) Tracking&Tracing Physical aspects Cooperation with others No affect on ITU Age Low IT experience Education Job task dependency Resources 11. Conclusions / Recommendations 11/12
- The Road inspectors perception of LS with the way he/sheprefers to work;
- Up-to-date real time information;
- Speed of information availability (fast network);
- Information of the whereabouts of the partners (T&T);
- The mobile device must operate well at all times.
Aspects that seems to have affect on usage behaviour: 12. Conclusions / Recommendations 12/12
- Age of the Road inspector;
- Low usage of GIS related IT and geographical experience;
- The educational level of the Road inspector.
- Job Task Dependency
- Information of the location of the Resources .
Aspects that do not have affect on usage behaviour: 13. Questions / remarks Paul J.M. Jonk June 20 th , 2008 [email_address] ? Added Value Hypotheses Q Response Correlations 14. Added valueLS with IM+ 15.
- IM+ Now:IM+ with LS Benefits
- Time registration after Automatically timeCompleteness;undertaken actions registration accurateness
- Printed photograph to put Photograph integrated in efficiency work process with damage-report application and direct available reduction of failure; speed
- Status of actions of Road autom. message of location and safety; information sharing; Inspector unknown at the status when Road Inspectorsefficiency work process; Traffic Control centre vehicle stops at the scene cooperation with others
- Administration takes much administration partly autom. motivationtime and effort Faster executed process
- Hand written registration Digital form on dashboard tabletPC Less afterworks.
- Registration terminology not Clear procedure (Pulldown-menus) Uniform registration;clear. Confusional notes Completeness; consistency
- Time registration by watch Time and location autom.Accuracyof the Road Inspector.registered through GPS
- No insight of surrounding area awareness of surroundings Better decision takingof incident of actions
Added valueLS with IM+ 16. Ri 1 : Age affects PU and PEU Ri 2 : Gender affects PU and PEU. Ri 3 : The level of experience affects PU and PEU Ri 4 : Background affects PU and PEU Rj 1 : Job tasks dependency positively affect PU and PEU Rj 2 : Information dependency positively affect PU and PEU Rj 3 : Logistics positively affect PU and PEU Rk 1 : Speed of Information availability affects PU and PEU Rk 2 : Physical aspects affects PU and PEU Methodology:Hypotheses PU = Perceived Usefulness PEU = Perceived Ease of Use 17. Methodology:Questionnaire Response Department Forms SentResponse Response Rate Noord-Holland 19 11 58% Zuid-Holland 71 31 44% Zeeland 14 6 43% Noord-Nederland 15 10 67% Oost-Nederland 77 27 35% Utrecht 39 16 41% Noord-Brabant 20 11 55% Limburg 28 15 54% Total 283 127 45% 18. Results:Index of Diversity 19. Results:Correlations