ar - augmented reality
out of 35
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Realt aumentata: 20 anni dopo.. Augmented Reality technology [ ART ]
- 2. Virtual Reality anni 90 Head-Mounted Display
- 3. Virtual Reality...oh no VR, experience is one in which the user is effectively immersed in a responsive virtual world.
- 4. Virtual Reality: Jaron Lanier In February of 1998, Sun acquired the patent portfolio of VPL Research Inc., Jaron Lanier's former company that pioneered the development of virtual reality. At the time Lanier remarked, "I'm delighted that Sun has acquired VPL's assets. Sun's commitment to open systems and the Java paradigm will provide a superb context for the formulation of competitive strategies by both VR users and developers. The next generation of applications will have to deal with a level of complexity that other leading platforms cannot address.Virtual reality-based applications will be needed in order to manage giant databases and networks,advanced medical imaging, and fast turn-around mechanical design. And all of these mega-applications will have to support real time collaboration over the net. Sun is in an ideal position to enable this new level of productivity ."
- 5. Virtual Reality...Morton Heilig Heilig's Sensorama (1956) The Telesphere MaskMorton Heiligs Telesphere Mask, was the forbearer of the modern Head-Mounted Display or HMD.
- 6. Augmented Reality WOW-NOW Augmented reality(AR)is a term for a live direct or indirect view of a physical real-world environment whose elements are merged with (oraugmentedby)virtualcomputer-generated imagery- creating amixed reality. The augmentation is conventionally inreal-timeand in semantic context with environmental elements (Wikipedia)
- 7. Realt aumentata...progetto dimmortalit? Augmented reality(AR)is a term for a live direct or indirect view of a physical real-world environment whose elements are merged with (oraugmentedby)virtualcomputer-generated imagery- creating amixed reality. The augmentation is conventionally inreal-timeand in semantic context with environmental elements (Wikipedia)
- 8. Realt aumentata: occhio per occhio DOMANDA: La realt aumentata una variante della realt virtuale?Se nella realt virtuale lutente completamente immerso in un ambiente sintetico, nella realt aumentata lutente vedr elementi virtuali sovrapposti ad un ambiente reale
- 9. Realt aumentata & matrix Augmented reality research explores the application of computer-generated imagery in live-video streams as a way to expand the real-world. Advanced research includes use of head-mounted displays and virtual retinal displays for visualization purposes, and construction of controlled environments containing any number of sensors and actuators.
- 10. R eality, improved Sep 3rd 2009 From The Economist print edition Computing: Thanks to mobile phones, augmented reality could be far more accessibleand usefulthan virtual reality VIRTUAL reality never quite lived up to the hype. In the 1990s films such as Lawnmower Man and The Matrix depicted computer-generated worlds in which people could completely immerse themselves. In some respects this technology has become widespread: think of all those video-game consoles capable of depicting vivid, photorealistic environments, for example. What is missing, however, is a convincing sense of immersion. Virtual reality (VR) doesnt feel like reality. These sorts of application really are just the beginning, says Dr Huopaniemi. Virtual reality never really died, he saysit just divided itself in two, with AR enhancing the real world by overlaying information from the virtual realm, and VR becoming what he calls augmented virtuality, in which real information is overlaid onto virtual worlds, such as players names in video games. AR may be a relatively recent arrival, but its potential is huge, he suggests. Its a very natural way of exploring whats around you. But trying to imagine how it will be used is like trying to forecast the future of the web in 1994. The building-blocks of the technology have arrived and are starting to become more widely available. Now it is up to programmers and users to decide how to use them. AR: the way the real works..
- 11. AR: hype curve
- 12. Virtual Light William Gibson The plot centers around a young bike messanger who steals a pair of innocent-looking glasses from a man at a party.She doesnt realize what they do, nor does she realize what dangerous information they have on them.The virtual-light glasses are obviously AR glasses (upon my 5th reading twenty years later), but its interesting how the data is very localized.The use of AR is limited (most of it doesnt come until the end), but captures the essence of the technology.The novel was a finalist for the Hugo and Locus Awards. Spook Country William Gibson Gibsons novel brings us geolocative art that can only be seen with VR helmets.Its not entirely AR, but its close enough to draw similar conclusions.In a quote I like, which sums up the transition from cyberpunk to post-cyberpunk to augpunk (or whatever it should be called) Gibson says: If the book has a point to make where we are now with cyberspace, is that cyberspace has colonized our everyday life and continues to colonize everydayAR: limmaginario collettivo e gli anni 90
- 13. The first AR headset was developed in the mid-sixties by computer scientist, Ivan Sutherland. His device, nicknamed The Sword Of Damocles, was so cumbersome that it required a suspended frame hung from the ceiling in order to work. Using mirrors, it projected the illusion of a wireframe cube hovering over the space directly in front of the wearer. The weight of Sutherlands HMD, and the need to track the head movements necessitated the HMD being attached to a mechanical arm suspended from the ceiling of the lab. The formidable appearance of the mechanism inspired its name. At this time,the various components being tested were not fully integrated with one another Ivan Sutherland. AR: allinizio era Sutherland.. Sutherlands 1965 Vision Display as awindow into a virtual world Improve image generation until the picturelooks real Computer maintains world model inreal time Userdirectly manipulates virtual objects Manipulated objectsmove realistically Immersion in virtual world viahead-mounted display Virtual world alsosounds real, feels real our objective in this project is to surround the user with displayed three-dimensional information The ultimate display would, of course, be a room within which the computer can control the existence of matter. A chair displayed in such a room would be good enough to sit in. Handcuffs displayed in such a room would be confining, and a bullet displayed in such a room would be fatal. With appropriate programming such a display could literally be the Wonderland into which Alice walked.
- 14. Artificial Reality:Myron Krueger The walls of the CAVE are made up of rear-projection screens, and the floor is made of a down-projection screen. High-resolution projectors display images on each of the screens by projecting the images onto mirrors which reflect the images onto the projection screens. The user will go inside of the CAVE wearing special glasses to allow for the3-D graphic that are generated by the CAVE to be seen.With these glasses, people using the CAVE can actually see objects floating in the air, and can walk around them, getting a proper view of what the object would look like when they walk around it. This is made possible with electromagnetic sensors. The frame of the CAVE is made out of non-magnetic stainless steel in order to interfere as little as possible with the electromagnetic sensors. When a person walks around in the CAVE, their movements are tracked with these sensors and the video adjusts accordingly. as well.  In the mid-1970s, Myron Krueger established an artificial reality laboratory called the Videoplace.His idea with the Videoplace was the creation of an artificial reality that surrounded the users, and responded to their movements and action s, without being encumbered by the use of goggles or gloves
- 15. AR is the closest to the real environment because it consists mostly of real world images, with a minority of the images being computer-generated. Augmented virtuality is a term for applications that create a mostly virtual world, but which includes a few images from the real world. (1994)Virtuality Continuum :Paul Milgram
- 16. Tecnologie abilitanti e convergenti:tracking and registration
- 17. Artificial Reality indoor A conceptual drawing of a tracking system:The tracking system has two parts; specifically, six sensors that are attached to the user, and a set of light-emitting diodes attached to the ceiling. The sensors attached to the user look upwards at the ceiling, and from that position and knowing the location of the user sensors compared to the location of the LEDs, it is possible to calculate the precise position of the user in the room and project the virtual objects accordinglyMagnetic trackers vsvision-based trackers !!!
- 18. Artificial Reality indoor Monocular and binocular optical see-through head-worn displays
- 19. Smartphone come mashup mobile di tecnologie convergenti gps/agpsbussolavideocamera markers cell network mobile internet wi-fi larger display multiple touch tecnology accelerometro Mobile AR: smart phones
- 20. AR esce dai laboratorie diventa wearableLAR ourdoor struttura lesperienza architettonica su diversi layer di dati, rimappa i real estates e li trasforma inmedia landscape AR outdoor
- 21. ARToolKit uses computer vision algorithms to solve this problem. The ARToolKit video tracking libraries calculate the real camera position and orientation relative to physical markers in real time. This enables the easy development of a wide range of Augmented Reality applications. Some of
View more >
Augmented Reality (AR) - Razvoj karijere | Center for ... ?· Proširena stvarnost - Augmented Reality (AR) Dr Nenad Gligorić. Šta je Augmented Reality? •Termin Augmented Reality prvi put se
AUGMENTED REALITY (AR) EDUGAME - PUBLIKASI.pdfآ pembuatan alat musik perkusi berbasis Augmented Reality
Development of an I nexpensive Augmented Reality (AR) ?· Development of an I nexpensive Augmented Reality…
The Power of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality for ... ??The Power of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality for Business ... AUGMENTED REALITY VIRTUAL REALITY ... •Integrating AR into mobile
VR21 Augmented Reality - tu- ?· Augmented Reality Virtuelle Realität ... AR Toolkit – an open source…
EHV CABLE SAFEGUARDING-AN AUGMENTED REALITY” ?· Augmented reality (AR) is a field of computer research…
SERPENTINE AUGMENTED ARCHITECTURE SERPENTINE AUGMENTED ... ?· augmented reality (AR) on site at the…