Apps and Web Tools for English Language Learners
out of 13
Post on 21-Jan-2018
- 1. Apps and Web Tools for ELLs Daniel Bemiss Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter:@mrbemissclass
- 2. About Me Ten years in education. I teach ESL History and ESL Reading/Writing at Henry F Moss Middle School. I have a wife and two sons.
- 3. Recap www.letsrecap.com Allows students to respond on video. Students can use the website or an app. Great exit slips. Free! Creates a review for students to watch
- 4. Popplet www.popplet.com Organize your ideas. I have had students use it for Vocabulary Word webs and Book Reports. Free- Get to make 10 popplets. $2 an account- Unlimited popplets. Vocabulary Word Web Book Report
- 5. Quizlet Live Teacher: www.quizlet.com Students: www.quizlet.live Uses your Quizlet flashcards and creates a game. Great for introducing vocabulary and reviewing. Works on computers, phones, and tablets.
- 6. Kahoot! Teacher: www.create.kahoot.it Students: www.kahoot.it Use it to review for a Unit. Students can use computers, phones, or tablets.
- 7. Nearpod www.nearpod.com Create presentations online. Present to the whole class or have students work on it independently. Works on computers,phones, and tablets.
- 8. Google Apps Google Classroom- Post assignments, web links, and how to screen casts. Google Forms- Assignments and Assessments Google Docs-Writing Assignments
- 9. More Google Apps Google Slides-Presentations and Interactive Notebooks
- 10. Google Voice You can get to choose a phone number from Google. Students call or text your Google Voice account to answer their homework assignment. You get an email from Google with the voice message and a transcribed email.
- 11. Creating Your Own E-Books Book Creator- iPad and Android app that lets you create textbooks. Can upload to iTunes or save as PDF. Share in your Google Classroom.
- 12. Creating Your Own E-Books iBooks Author- Free in the App Store Add Youtube videos and websites into your book. Share in your Google Classroom. Save it as a PDF or upload them to iBooks.
- 13. Questions or Comments?
View more >