all about colloids
out of 16
Post on 17-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONcolloids and mixture
- 1. GOOD MORNING!
- 2. mixtures Two or more substances mixed together but still retain their respective properties
- 3. homogeneous O The composition is uniform
- 4. heterogeneous O The composition can be easily identified
- 5. All about colloids
- 6. colloids O Also called a colloidal dispersion, is a type of homogeneous mixture that Is composed of two or more components.
- 7. aerosol O Is a type of colloid described as the dispersion of solid or liquid in gas.
- 8. emulsion O Is the dispersion of one type of liquid in another type of liquid.
- 9. sol O Solid particles are dispersed in a liquid.
- 10. Tyndall effect
- 11. Ready for quiz! O Get your notebook and your pen O 10 items only O Quiz number 1 O GOODLUCK!
- 12. Using 1 sentence. Explain the following: O 1. what is mixture? O 2. define Heterogeneous mixture. O 3. define homogeneous mixture.
- 13. Identify the following: O _____________4. is a type of homogeneous mixture that Is composed of two or more components. O _____________5. Is a type of colloid described as the dispersion of solid or liquid in gas. O _____________6. Is the dispersion of one type of liquid in another type of liquid.
- 14. O 7 8 give examples of a homogeneous mixture O 9 10 give examples of a heterogeneous mixture
- 15. The end!
View more >
Polymers, Colloids, Liquid Crystals, Nanoparticles ?· 3.063 Polymer Physics ... Polymers, Colloids,…
Demo today ???. Colloids Hydrophilic and Hydrophobic Colloids Focus on colloids in water. “Water loving” colloids: hydrophilic. “Water hating”
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces - ?· Ribeiro et al. / Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces…
Tunable colloids: control of colloidal phase transitions ... ?· Tunable colloids: control of colloidal…
CHAPTER :COLLOIDS Subject: Physical Pharmacy Subject code ... 7 LYOPHOBIC COLLOIDS Colloids is composed
Silica Colloids and their Effect on Radionuclide ?· Keywords: Silica sol, inorganic colloids, colloid…
Simple Colloids in Simple Environments Explored and Metals Interaction/pdf/Simple... · Simple Colloids…
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces - ?· Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 88 (2011) ... such…