Advertising – Features and Advantages © 2014 wheresjenny.com ADVERTISING FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES.
out of 9
Post on 26-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com ADVERTISING FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
- Slide 2
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com Advertising is the communication relayed from companies to persuade an audience to purchase their products. This communication is usually through various forms of paid media -- TV and radio commercials, print ads, billboards and more recently, product placement. Ads are placed where advertisers believe they will reach the largest, most relevant audience. Commercial businesses use advertising to drive the consumption of their product, while non-profit organizations may place ads to raise awareness or encourage a change in behavior or perception.
- Slide 3
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com Vocabulary Relayed : Receive and pass on (information or a message) Persuade : Induce (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument Perception : The ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses Commercial : Making or intended to make a profit.
- Slide 4
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com Features of Advertising Provides information Paid communication Non-personal presentation Art, science and profession Element of marketing mix Creativity Publicity Basically for persuasion Target oriented
- Slide 5
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com Advantages of Advertising The advantages of advertising can be divided into two main groups. One group denotes benefits to manufactures and other group denotes benefit to consumers. The advantages of advertising for manufacturers: Large-scale production & marketing Introduction of new products Creates new demand Effective personal selling Builds brand image Facing competition Sales promotion Goodwill builder Reduces cost of production
- Slide 6
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com The advantages of advertising for consumers: Information and guidance Acts as reminder Attracts consumers Effective product use Removes misunderstanding Raises living standards
- Slide 7
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com Questions 1) Name a few things that ads use to make their product well known. 2) What is the difference between display and classified ads? 3) Give 5 words related to advertising. 4) Name a few examples of direct mail. 5) Are there any bad sides of advertising? Name some.
- Slide 8
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com (market leader, logo, brand, product, market share, advertising, marketing, point of sale, market research, house brand, brand loyalty) 1. Advertising at the place where the consumer buys the product ---------- 2. The brand of the shop or supermarket which sells it ---------- 3. The symbol or design used to represent the company ---------- 4. The work of collecting information about people's buying habits ---------- 5. The phenomenon of individuals continuing to buy the same brand ---------- 6. Something generic which a company makes or sells ---------- 7. The particular name given to a product by a company ---------- Choose the correct word to fill the space after each definition
- Slide 9
- Advertising Features and Advantages 2014 wheresjenny.com (market leader, logo, brand, product, market share, advertising, marketing, point of sale, market research, house brand, brand loyalty) 8. The best selling brand of a particular product ---------- 9. The activity of presenting, selling and promoting a product ---------- 10. The activity of informing people about a product or service with posters, films etc ------- 11. The amount a company sells compared to all the other companies ----------
View more >
FEATURES and ADVANTAGES Expressweld Inverter 161 ?· FEATURES and ADVANTAGES MMA Welding Machine Digital…
features advantages benefits - ?· features advantages benefits caratteristiche vantaggi benefici Blowers…
Chapter 19 Advertising - 19 Advertising ... Advantages Disadvantages Direct-Mail Advertising Advantages ... print media Advertising in newspapers, magazines, ...