out of 5
Post on 28-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThe American Academy on Communication in Healthcare (AACH) improves the effectiveness of healthcare by focusing on education, research and practice in communication and partnerships among patients, families and healthcare teams.
- 1. About AACH The American Academy on Communication in Healthcare
- 2. About Us The American Academy on Communication in Healthcare (AACH), is an interdisciplinary group of healthcare educators and clinicians. Our Mission: AACH improves the effectiveness of healthcare by focusing on education, research and practice in communication and partnerships among patients, families and healthcare teams. Established in 1978, AACH pioneered the development of healthcare communications and continues its leadership through the development of educational programs dealing with relationship-centered care.
- 3. Who We Are Physicians, healthcare educators, researchers, and scientists from various disciplines including internal medicine, pediatrics, family medicine and psychiatry, nurses, social workers, physician assistants, patient advocates, pharmacists and anyone interested in relationship-centered care.
- 4. Educational Philosophy Academy-sponsored programs not only help participants shape the way that they relate to others, but also affect their understanding of themselves. Our faculty possess extensive experience in leading workshops and courses and are nationally and internationally recognized for their scholarly contributions about teaching communication skills in healthcare.
- 5. Contact Us AACH headquarters are located in Chesterfield, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. American Academy on Communication in Healthcare 16020 Swingley Ridge Road, Suite 300 Chesterfield, MO 63017 Questions about the Academy? Please contact us! www.AACHonline.org 636.449.5080 phone 636-449-5051 fax Chris Pallozola, Executive Director [email_address] Becky Hadley, Program Coordinator [email_address]
View more >