A Data-Driven Approach to Content Marketing - CMWorld 2014
out of 25
Post on 02-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMany content marketing strategies will crash and burn without a data-centric process. Competitive analysis, social outreach, content measurement and so many other aspects of content marketing will flourish when you support each task with an intelligent approach of data analysis. This presentation will provide people with an assortment of data resources to optimize content planning, promotion and measurement, building a successful and sustainable content marketing strategy.
- 1. @adrianvender#CMWorld A Data-Driven Approach to Content Marketing Adrian Vender Director of Analytics Internet Marketing Inc. @adrianvender
- 2. @adrianvender#CMWorld A brief review of the start
- 3. @adrianvender#CMWorld Personas Understanding your audience is critical for content marketing success. Check out Mike Kings Mozpost on the art and science of persona development... All in the key of Smurfs! @iPullRankhttp://moz.com/blog/personas-understanding-the-person-behind-the-visit
- 4. @adrianvender#CMWorld Content Types and KPIshttp://www.internetmarketinginc.com/art-science-measuring-roi-content-marketing/ Choose the right content based on your audience needs, and select proper KPIs based on stage and content type. Check out IMIs guide for more info.
- 5. @adrianvender#CMWorld Lets Start Promoting!!
- 6. @adrianvender#CMWorld Where did your users come from?
- 7. @adrianvender#CMWorld UTM Tagging For any links shared on social media, email, non-browser environments... You mustadd UTM tags to your URLS.
- 8. @adrianvender#CMWorld How GA Attribution Works Order of attribution in GA: Custom UTM tags in URLs Browser referral string If neither is found, session channel marked as direct direct really just means we dont know!
- 9. @adrianvender#CMWorld What happens without UTM Tagging? Desktop and mobile apps dont pass referral string, and browser referrals arent always insightful, leading to mass confusion. Email marketing will be marked as director mail.*referrals. Twitter traffic either marked as director t.coreferrals. Banner ad referrals arent specific and insightful. Bing Ads will appear as bing/organic *** for AdWords, enable autotagging! https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752125?hl=en
- 10. @adrianvender#CMWorld UTM Tagging Resources Check out @AnnieCushingand her guide to UTM tagging. http://www.annielytics.com/guides/definitive-guide-campaign-tagging-google-analytics/
- 11. @adrianvender#CMWorld Are people interacting with your content?
- 12. @adrianvender#CMWorld Basic GA Metrics Pageviews, Bounces (1-pageview sessions), % Exit are all decent metrics for interaction. BewareAvgTime on Page isnt always what it seems.
- 13. @adrianvender#CMWorld GA Event Tracking Use Google Analytics Event Tracking to track on-page interactions of your content. Button and CTA clicks Banner and external link clicks Page Scrolling Events tracking will affect AvgTime on Page metrics, giving you a more accurate figure!
- 14. @adrianvender#CMWorld Content Scroll Tracking @JustinCutronihttp://cutroni.com/blog/2014/02/12/advanced-content-tracking-with-universal-analytics/
- 15. @adrianvender#CMWorld Google Tag Manager Load conversion scripts and advanced tracking functionality with GTM for greater agility and flexibility. Your tech nerds will love it!
- 16. @adrianvender#CMWorld Are people talking about your content?
- 17. @adrianvender#CMWorld Did your content generate links? Gather link metrics for your content! Click the Just-Discoveredreport to find new links created within minutes after theyre shared.
- 18. @adrianvender#CMWorld Fresh Web Explorer by Moz Search up-to-date mentions of your brand, whether or not there is a link with it. Setup alerts to be notified of new mentions over time.
- 19. @adrianvender#CMWorld SimplyMeasuredfor Social Tracking
- 20. @adrianvender#CMWorld wow such data very analysis much places -Analytics Doge
- 21. @adrianvender#CMWorld Mo Data, Mo Problems Data living in disparate places can hinder actionable analysis.
- 22. @adrianvender#CMWorld Combine Data with Klipfolio Import data from almost ANY data source via API, SQL, CSV, etc. Create a dashboard to monitor each phase of your content marketing.
- 23. @adrianvender#CMWorld Always Be Optimizing
- 24. @adrianvender#CMWorld Optimize Everything Measure Analyze Optimize Are we targeting the right audience? Do we have the right KPIs? Are we accurately measuring? Are we choosing the right content? Where are people sharing the content? Do we have actionable reporting?
- 25. @adrianvender#CMWorld Thank You Adrian Vender Director of Analytics Internet Marketing Inc. @adrianvender
View more >
A Data-Driven Approach to Managing Human Factors ?· A Data-Driven Approach to Managing Human Factors…
An Event-Driven Approach to Data Warehouse D ?· An Event-Driven Approach to Data Warehouse Design Page…
Product Development a market driven approach. Product Development The MABS Approach follows a client focused demand-driven approach to designing microfinance
A Model-Driven Approach to Support Engineering Changes ?· A Model-Driven Approach to Support Engineering…
Data-driven Approach to Short-Term Forecasting of ... ?· Data-driven Approach to Short-Term Forecasting…
A Model-Driven Engineering Approach for the Usability ?· A Model-Driven Engineering Approach for the…
An Ontology-Based and Model-Driven Approach for Designing ... ?· Model-Driven Approach for Designing…
An App-Driven Approach Practical, example-rich guide to ... ?· for programmers An App-Driven Approach…
A Test-Driven Approach for Extracting Libraries of Reusable Components ase.cpsc. ?· A Test-Driven Approach…