7 wonders of world
out of 26
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 7Wonders OfThe World Presented By Babidash
- 2. Great Wall of China
- 5th century BCE 16th century CE
- Ming Dynesty started building wall barriers to protect them self from mongolians
- stretches over approximately
- ( 5,000 miles )
- 5. Petra
- Completed Around 100 BCE, Jordan
- Petra means Rock, Renowned for its rock-cut architecture
- Big Trade Center with advanced water system
- Featured in Films Indiana Jones and the last crusade
- 8. Christ the Redeemer
- Opened in 1931
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- It Was proposed in 1921, fromBrazilian catholic
- 11. Machu Picchu
- Completed 1450 A.D by INCA EMPIRE.
- Near Peru
- It was situated in8000ft above sea level
- It was built to worship sun god
- 14. Chichen Itza
- 600 AD,Maya dynasty.
- It is built around twosacred well .
- It has some advanced architectures like, Common Play ground, Steam Bath
- 17. Roman Colosseum
- Completed 80 AD
- Rome, Italy
- It is capable of sitting 50,000 spectators.
- For gladiator contest and public spctacles.
- Must have seen the movieGladiators
- 20. Great Pyramid
- Completedc. 2560 BCE
- Cairo, Egypt
- It is built onlime stone blocks and polished casing stone block.
- It has got kings chamber, queen chamber.
- 23. Taj Mahal
- Completedc. 1648
- Agra, INDIA
- MughalEmperor Shah Jahanin memory of his favorite wife,Mumtaz Mahal
- The carving in marvel is breath taking with work in gold, precious stones.