5 steps to revitalize your brand
out of 62
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION5 Simple Steps to Revitalize Your Brand. 1. Identify the Problem 2. Brand Evaluation & USP 3. Under the Channels 4. Re-design & Execute 5. Assess Immediate Progress & Plan for the Future
- 1. WHAT IS A BRAND? more than a logo...
- 2. logo WHAT MAKES A BRAND? name mission products personnel packaging visual style advertising market positioning and the list goes on...
- 3. WHAT IS OUR BRAND TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT US?
- 4. WHAT SHOULD OUR BRAND BE TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT US?
- 5. USP unique selling proposition (positioning)
- 6. WHAT IS USP? the singular characteristic that sets your brand apart from the competition. in short, why the audience wants to choose you.
- 7. COMMON FORMS OF USP FUNCTION providing solutions or benefits convenience, time-saving, long-lasting, high-quality SYMBOLISM the meaning behind the brand hand-made, family owned, socially conscious, recognizable STIMULATION aesthetic, sensory or cognitive appeal thought provoking, well-designed, welcoming, engaging
- 8. QUESTION ONE: WHY WOULD A CONSUMER CHOOSE US OVER OUR COMPETITION?
- 9. QUESTION TWO: WHAT MOTIVATES CONSUMER ACTIVATION?
- 10. QUESTION THREE: HOW DO OUR PEOPLE SEE OUR BRAND? ARE THEY PROUD?
- 11. QUESTION FOUR: WHAT ARE OUR COMPETITORS WEAKNESSES? WHAT ARE THEY DOING BETTER?
- 12. QUESTION FIVE: WHAT LIES AT THE HEART OF OUR BRAND?
- 13. PUTTING USP INTO ACTION POSITIONING STATEMENT make one. use it... consistently. every aspect of your brand should reflect your USP. RE-EVALUATE OFTEN change is key. complacency kills. make it a part of your six-month plan to revisit your positioning, especially if your target audience, leadership, or competition has changed.
- 14. problems: established. USP: dened. channels: navigated. redesign: executed. WHATS NEXT?
- 15. AVOIDING THE VICIOUS CYCLE
- 16. REMEMBER: WHAT YOU DID BEFORE BROUGHT YOU HERE. DONT RETRACE YOUR STEPS.
- 17. be sure to keep track of your METRICS media hits foot traffic sales figures new customers website analytics social media score
- 18. sure, you have a limited budget... but can you afford to MAKE MISTAKES?
- 19. RESOURCE MGMT. on the creative side... who can you rely on to be as EXCITED and KNOWLEDGABLE about your brand as you are? know when to BRING IN THE RIGHT EXPERTS.
- 20. always test a new partnership BEFORE you negotiate a long-term campaign. make sure your resources understand your VISION and CULTURE... and have the EXPERTISE to deliver a quality product every single time.
- 21. the culmination of your efforts... your new MARKETING PLAN
- 22. a marketing plan in a NUTSHELL new collateral needs ad creative & buys web presence social media strategy event planning community engagement and a REALISTIC TIMELINE & BUDGET for all of the above.
- 23. THINK IN TERMS OF 1 3 6 12 MONTHS DONT BE AFRAID TO THINK BIG DO MAKE SURE TO BE REASONABLE
View more >