5 orders of ignorance - a tale about testing and ignorance
out of 16
Post on 28-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Eddy Bruin A tale about Testing and Ignorance
- 2. He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool. Shun him! He who knows not and knows that he knows not, is unlearned. Teach him! He who knows and knows not that he knows, is asleep. Awaken him! He who knows and knows that he knows, is enlightened. Follow him! An Arab Proverb quoted by Isabel Lady Burton (1831-1896) in "The Life of Captain Sir Richard F. Burton"
- 3. Unknowledge Missing knowledge tool for acquiring knowledge Unknowledge legacy
- 4. The 5 orders of ignorance 0OI = Lack of Ignorance I (probably) know something. I have the answer and can explain it. 1OI = Lack of Knowledge I don't know something, but I have a well formed question. 2OI = Lack of Awareness I don't know that I don't know something. I have no idea what the right question is. 3OI = Lack of Process I don't know a suitably way to find out I don't know that I don't know something. I have no clue how to find the right idea's to search for the right question. 4OI = Meta-ignorance I don't know about the Five Orders of Ignorance.
- 5. Lets play a game
- 6. Ignorance Time Oops! Oops! Oops!
- 7. Ignorance Time
- 8. Learning comes from experiencing the unexpected Ignorance is the single greatest impediment to throughput Source: Dan North - Introducing deliberate discovery
- 9. (1879 1955) Which he said in 1994
- 10. Deliberate discovery practices
- 11. Exploratory testing is simultaneous learning, test design, and test execution. James Bach, 1995 Test techniques improve result Immediate investigation gives most information Get to know the system A definition of exploratory testing
- 12. Where to start? Explore it! https://pragprog.com/book/ehxta/explore-it RST http://www.satisfice.com/info_rst.shtml Little black book on test design http://www.thetesteye.com/papers/TheLittleBlackBookOnTestDesign.pdf Bug Hunts http://www.ministryoftesting.com/2014/05/bughunts/ Exploratory testing resources http://www.developsense.com/resources.html#exploratory_testing
- 13. Hey, I just met you And this is crazy So heres my twitter So tweet me maybe?! @eddybruin Big thanks to these guys! Dan North Deliberate discovery http://goo.gl/ke485 Philip Armour The five orders of ignorance http://goo.gl/LIqn6Y Alan Page Testers and the order of ignorance http://goo.gl/cpOGTv Or me: email@example.com
View more >