25 ways to improve yourself
Post on 15-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
SIMPLE WAYS TOStrengthen Your
When you strengthen your condence, youll be a happier person. Condence in yourself equips you to accomplish
everything you've always dreamed about.
Try these strategies to boost your confidence
1. STICK UP FOR YOURSELF. Instead of allowing others to overpower you, stand up for your rights and your beliefs.
2. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.Make the extra eort to look at yourself in the mirror and truly believe that you can accomplish anything.
3. ASK FOR HELP.Seek help from others when youre struggling. Draw from the expertise of others when you lack the knowledge you need. The ability to admit you need help is a sign of strength.
4. PICK A NEW OUTFIT.Concentrate on your appearance. If you feel that you look good, youll begin to feel more condent with yourself on the inside too.
5. THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS.Challenge yourself to think positive thoughts each and every day. If you stay positive, condence will come.
6. STOP NEGATIVE THOUGHTS.When negative thoughts enter your mind, notice them and replace them with more productive ones. Dwell on thoughts that lead you to success.
7. PREPARE YOURSELF. Sometimes a lack of condence comes from lack of preparation. Ensure you properly prepare yourself for the challenges you face.
8. FOCUS ON THE SMALLER THINGS.Tackle one thing at a time in a step-by-step fashion. Little by little, each success you experience builds a reservoir of condence inside you.
9. EXPRESS GRATITUDE. Express gratitude for the things that are important to you. You'll experience renewed energy and enthusiasm.
10. TAKE CONTROL.Choose to seize the steering wheel, instead of sitting in the passenger seat. Instead of letting life happen to you, live your life with purpose. Pretend youre condent, and the feelings will follow.
11. GET TO KNOW YOURSELF.Delve deep and nd out who you are. Youll be better able to point out and work on your weaknesses. Your strengths will give you condence.
12. ENGAGE IN A KIND ACT.Do what you can to bring about more joy in the lives of others and enjoy the feeling it gives you.
13. PRACTICE.Practice makes perfect. If youre struggling at a task, keep trying until you get it right. This may take time, but the eort is worth it.
14. RELAX.When you feel pressured to accomplish too much at once, slow down and take a few deep breaths. Sometimes, all it takes to feel condent is a few seconds to relax and refocus your mind.
15. SMILE MORE FREQUENTLY. Put a smile on your face and youll be surprised at how you end up feeling as a result.
16. LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. Keep the bigger picture in mind as you attempt the trials of life. It will keep you from getting caught up on the smaller issues that detract from the important ones.
17. CONCENTRATE ON YOUR SELF-IMAGE.Everyone has both strengths and weaknesses. Find out what you like about yourself and focus on enhancing those characteristics.
18. CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR.If youre feeling down on yourself, change your approach. Continue to change your approach until you start getting the results you deserve.
19. FIGHT BOREDOM.Sometimes a lack of condence is simply a sign that its time to leave your comfort zone in favor of something more exciting.
20. STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE INSTEAD OF PERFECTION. If you continue to try your best and change your approach when things seem to be headed in the wrong direction, your condence will grow naturally.
21. ACCEPT COMPLIMENTS.Learn how to accept compliments. People are likely being genuine with you and telling you what your strengths are.
22. TRY HYPNOSIS. Hypnosis is a great way of communicating with your subconscious mind. Program your subconscious with productive thinking about your capabilities and strengths.
23. START THE DAY RIGHT.Get everything o to the right start by getting into a positive mood right from the beginning of the day. Plan your day the night before and develop a morning routine. Get enough rest and eat a healthy breakfast.
24. FAKE IT. Go through the motions of condence even when you feel down in the dumps. Youll be surprised how much more condent you feel when you pretend that you are.
25. TALK TO YOURSELF.Use positive self-talk to boost your condence. Use personal, positive, present-tense armations that speak words of encouragement to your heart and mind.
There are many ways to strengthen your condence.
All you need is the courage and the drive to try them.When you do, you'll start to see your dreams come true!