2011 australia & nz pp
Post on 01-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 2011 Australia & New Zealand Tour 18 Days Melbourne to Auckland YMT Vacations Americas Best Choice for Affordable Travel Since 1967 Prepared May 2010
- Tourists staying no longer than 3 months can get an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), on-line at the http://www.eta.immi.gov.au website . They will need to have their valid passport number and travel dates to apply. (They do not need their airline ticket to apply.) There is no charge for the Visa, but there is a 20 Australian Dollar processing fee which will be charged when they apply. BEFORE THEY DEPART.. All visitors to Australia MUST get an Australian VISA.
- Verona Pisa Sorrento Amalfi Coast
- Australia/New Zealand Tour Highlights :
- Unique Wildlife Koalas, penguins, kangaroos, parrots & kiwi birds
- Diverse Scenery Farmlands, rainforest, coral reef, active geothermal areas
- Great Cities Melbourne, Sydney & Auckland
- The Great Barrier Reef a World Wonder
- Waitomo Glow-Worm Caves
- Native Cultures Aboriginals & Maori Experience their customs, dance & food
- Rotorua a thermal wonderland
- Australia & New Zealand Travel Notes Climate Mild to T emperate in both countries, but the SEASONS ARE REVERSED Language English (& slang phrases) Culture/Customs very similar to USA. Casual atmosphere, a bit dressier attire in the big cities Visas are required Erfoud
- Shopping Popular items include:
- Woolens & Sheep skins
- Aboriginal/Maori carvings bowls, masks, artwork
- Boomerangs & didgeridoos
- Jewelry Australian Opals & New Zealand Jade
- and more!
- Rotorua Traveling to the other side of the globe everything runs in reverse
- Tour at a Glance Day 4 & 5 Melbourne City Sights & Phillip Island Day 18 Rotorua to Auckland and fly back to the USA Day 17 Rotorua Day 16 Auckland to Rotorua Day 15 Auckland sightseeing Day 14 Fly Cairns to Auckland, New Zealand Days 12&13 Cairns Barrier Reef & Kuranda Day 11 Fly Sydney to Cairns Days 9&10 Sydney City Sights & Blue Mts Day 8 Canberra to Sydney Day 7 Albury to Canberra , ATC Day 6 Melbourne to Albury Day 3 Arrive Melbourne , Australia Days 1-2 Depart USA & day lost crossing Intl Dateline Passport & Visa Required!
- Day 1 Depart USA Day 2 Cross the International Dateline The world is divided into 24 time zones. The International Date Line marks the dividing time zone where one day ends and the next one begins. When you travel west ( USA to Australia ) across the International Date Line, you will go forward one day, or lose a day. When you travel east you will go back one day, and gain a day. Flight time LA to Melbourne about 15 hours Its always tomorrow in Australia!
- Day 3 Arrive Melbourne, Australia 1 - Clear immigration (have passport ready) 2 - Collect checked luggage (the baggage trolleys are free) 3 -Proceed through Customs After exiting the Customs Hall, guests are met by a YMT representative and transferred to their Melbourne Hotel* *Transfer ONLY provided if air flights bought through YMT
- On Tour in Australia Travel on Deluxe motor coaches with a friendly and experienced Drivers and Escort Guides Afternoon Meeting with Tour Escort for tour briefing and to learn about Optional Tour opportunities.
- AUSTRALIA The Land DownUnder A vast land of haunting beauty, natural wonders and unique wildlife Almost size of the US mainland, Australia is sparsely populated - only 18 million people , most residing in the larger cities Young country first European settlers in 1788 Casual atmosphere, friendly people who love sports & Americans Visit 3 of 7 states : Victoria, New South Wales & Queensland The climate is like California Seasons are reversed to USA
- MELBOURNE The capital city of the state of Victoria, Melbourne is best known for its many parks, gardens, museums, variety of restaurants and iconic streetcars. The city sits atop Port Phillip Bay, bordered by the Yarra River.
- Travelodge Southbank Hotel Melbourne - Stay 3 nights A 275-room hotel features rooms with A/C, cable TV, internet access, in-room safe, hairdryer & kitchenette with a microwave & refrigerator A 4-star hotel next to a shopping center & short walk to Flinders St / city center The hotel has a breakfast lounge. Internet caf & laundry facilities
- Day 4 Melbourne
- Morning City Tour includes:
- The Arts Center
- Shrine of Remembrance a memorial for Australian war veterans with distinctive classical architecture
- St. Kilda Road - Melbournes lively beach front promenade
- Fashionable Toorak Village
- Tour Fitzroy Gardens , a National Trust of historic gardens
- Visit Cooks Cottage 18 th century home of explorer Capt. James Cooks, and a gift to Australia from the UK
- Afternoon at leisure in Melbourne Take a free City Circle Tram ride around the city Visit the Australia Centre for Contemporary Art Explore Queen Victoria Market Stroll famous Royal Botanical Gardens 85 acres of meticulously landscaped gardens along Yarra River Queen Victoria Market Royal Botanical Gardens
- Day 5 Melbourne Morning at leisure to explore city Afternoon /Evening Tour to Phillip Island Visit Koala Conservation Center See Koalas , wallabies & kangaroos in their natural habitat Dinner at a local waterfront restaurant At dusk watch little Fairy Penguins swim to shore then waddle to nest in sand marshland
- Day 6 Melbourne to Albury Drive through the Victoria countryside. At border of Victoria and New South Wales, cross Murray River into Albury An 1800s frontier town set along the riverbank
- Chifley Albury Hotel Albury Stay 1 nt Situated on the majestic Murray River, this newly refurbished hotel has an outdoor pool, full-service restaurant, bar with a fireplace and laundry facilities. Each air-conditioned guestroom features cable TV, Internet access, coffee/tea maker, minibar, and a hair dryer.
- Day 7 Albury to Canberra Full Day - Scenic drive along the Alpine Way, through plains with a view Mt. Kosciuszko, Australias highest peak. Late afternoon - Arrive Canberra Capital of Australia. Largest inland city. In ATC Australian Capital Territory Built in 1918, a planned city designed by an American architect, constructed around man-made named after him - Lake Burley Griffin .
- Novotel Canberra Canberra - Stay 1 night Located in the city center, a contemporary hotel with an indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym, and a restaurant and bar. The 286 spacious A/C rooms have cable TV, internet access, minibar, in-room safe and a hairdryer.
- Day 8 Canberra to Sydney Morning City Tour views: National Library National Gallery Parliament House & Embassies Drive along Ceremonial Drive & ANZAC Parade lined with monuments built to honor the men and women of Australia and New Zealand (ANZAC) who lost their lives in wars. View of ANZAC Parade to Mount Ainslie Parliament House Late Morning - Depart for drive northeast to Sydney . ANZAC = Australia & New Zealand Army Corp
- SYDNEY One of the most beautiful harbors in the world. Australias largest city (4 million) & most cosmopolitan Established in 1788 as a British penal colony . Full of history, natural beauty and sights & activities for every taste.
- Sydney Travelodge Sydney - Stay 3 nights Close to Oxford Street, Darling Harbour, & Pitt Street shopping mall. Hotel has a laundry, internet access and a restaurant & bar The 406 air-conditioned rooms have cable TV, a kitchenette and a hairdryer.
- Day 9 - Sydney
- Morning City Tour includes:
- Darling Harbor maritime center
- The Botanical Gardens 75 acres of colorful beauty
- Historic Rocks area
View more >