19 tips that will make you a networking master
out of 27
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION19 great ideas for how to make networking easier, more effective, and even more fun! Whether you're looking for a job or trying to get ahead at work, these tips will transform you into a networking master.
- 19 TIPS THAT WILL MAKE YOU A NETWORKING MASTER
- Youve heard that NETWORKING is important.
- To get JOB leads FIELD To meet new CONNECTIONS To learn about your
- But, we know: NETWORKING can be intimidating and hard.
- EVENTS? What do I DO when Im there? How do I START conversations? When should I FOLLOW UP? How do I find
- Dont worry. Weve got the tips you need to become a NETWORKING MASTER in just a few minutes.
- Lets get STARTED.
- 1 YOU CAN FIND EVENTS ANYWHERE Your ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL groups INDUSTRY conferences MEETUP.com
- 2 OR START YOUR OWN INVITE THREE FRIENDS, ask them each to invite three friends, and meet at a bar or someones home.
- 3 BRING TONS OF YOUR CARDS PLUS A PEN so you can to jot down notes for each person you meet
- WEAR SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT Check your COAT Wear COMFORTABLE shoes Dont bring a large BAG 4
- 5 SET A GOAL FOR EACH EVENT Like MEET 5 new people LEARN something new Start 3 CONVERSATIONS
- SEE WHOS COMING AHEAD OF TIME SEE WHOS TWEETING or check the invite list 6
- 7 GET YOUR ELEVATOR PITCH READY JOB TITLE and company + What that means in LAYMANs TERMS + WHY you love it Your
- 8 START AT THE BAR OR BUFFET Itll give you a chance to scan the room before DIVING IN
- 9 HAVE A FEW CONVERSATION STARTERS IN MIND BEEN HERE before? Hows the SHRIMP? This VENUE is beautiful. Have you
- 10 LOOK FOR FOLKS WHO ARE ALONE THEYLL BE HAPPY to have someone new to talk to.
- 1 1 ASK OPEN-ENDED QUESTIONS Howd you GET STARTED? Not, How long have you worked there?
- 12 DONT BE AFRAID TO OPEN UP JUST RELAX, tell stories, and be yourself.
- 3 1 TRY TO FIND COMMON INTERESTS What PROJECTS are you involved in? What are you into OUTSIDE of work? Have you BEEN to these things before?
- 14 USE A NON-AWKWARD CLOSER ITS BEEN SO GREAT chatting with you, but I have a few more people to connect with.
- 5 1 GET EVERYONES BUSINESS CARDS JOT DOWN NOTES about the person, his or her interests, and your conversation.
- 16 FOLLOW UP WITHIN 48 HOURS WITH A FRIENDLY EMAIL mentioning something memorable from your conversation
- 17 STAY IN TOUCH On LINKEDIN or TWITTER at other EVENTS or by sending ARTICLES & RESOURCES
- 18 MAKE TIME TO CHECK IN WITH PEOPLE EVEN SCHEDULE IT on your calendar every week or month
- 19 GET EVEN MORE PRO TIPS AT THE MUSE Take our 7-day class, BECOME A NETWORKING MASTER at themuse.com/classes
- BROUGHT TO YOU BY themuse.com/classes
View more >